Caliper Polishing questions...

PSKSAM2

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2002
NJ
Just started my winter project of cleaning up the font calipers so that they look nice. I decided I'd try polishing them with my new Dremel. I spent the last two evenings sanding and I got most of the large casting lines out, but the smaller casting pock marks are stubborn. In addition, I can only manage to get the front surface and top surface and a little between the fins. Everything else is just to tough of a surface to sand by hand. Any suggestions from those who've done this? Or pics of yours in progress?

Thanks,
Jim

• Sponsors (?)

PSKSAM2 said:
Just started my winter project of cleaning up the font calipers so that they look nice. I decided I'd try polishing them with my new Dremel. I spent the last two evenings sanding and I got most of the large casting lines out, but the smaller casting pock marks are stubborn. In addition, I can only manage to get the front surface and top surface and a little between the fins. Everything else is just to tough of a surface to sand by hand. Any suggestions from those who've done this? Or pics of yours in progress?

Thanks,
Jim

Trying to do this also!!!???

you know they make that chrome looking powder coat... wouldnt it be easier? In my experiances with polishing metal you usually cant get ALL the pits out and still have a piece that functions properly OR will stay clean for any ammount of time... I would think with calipers you'd have to polish every few months until you had no caliper left, unless you polished it then got a clear coat on it?

Not sure, but good luck I'd really like to see pics of these on a car as well