cam selected

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like ur running fuel injection by ur intake selection. I called comp as I was looking at a cam very simlar to that. They told me the only way to get a flat tappet cam to work with the stock computer was to get a custom grind. Best of both worlds there. Custom cam and it works really well with the stock puter. Only cost like 80 bucks more too. Not bad.

so i wounder if the stock 74 carb 351w cam will work that came in the motor? so in this case i need to call comp cams and say this is what i have ans it's a EFI motor theywill know what to grind? or do i need to call someone else? i bought this complete motor for $200 pulled it all apart cause he said "it runs" come to find out it's 40 over and the dam thing is brand new inside! new bearings pistons cylinder wall the whole 9tards! peace

john:p

Yea, call call comp. They can grind a cam to work perfect for the combo, heads and intake. Be sure to tell them everything u will know abou the car, fuel system injectors and obviously stock for ecu. Be sure to use their additive on every oil change including break in. New motor oil is actually not good on hyd flat tappet cams. they can tell u more about that. I use rottella T and their additive for my oil. NO problems here. 12 extra bucks every oil change is worth the piece of mind.

You aren't going to be near your 400hp goals. Maybe 300-310 IF you're lucky. You need to rethink the entire induction before blowing money and being dissappointed then having to spend more money to make it right.

I didn't realize u were wanting 400 hp...... That cam is way too small for a windsor. I have a .040 over 11.1 compression block with nice forged internals, alum heads, good though out set up that MIGHT make 400hp....so it takes quite a bit more than ported stock heads and a small cam to make good usuable power on a windsor. I can tell u hearing a trick flow 2 cam in a 351 and a 302 with similar builds, the 351 doesn't sound near as healthy. U have to have a lot more cam for the extra cubes of the windsor.

Plan it right the first time and save a ton of money.

You aren't going to be near your 400hp goals. Maybe 300-310 IF you're lucky. You need to rethink the entire induction before blowing money and being dissappointed then having to spend more money to make it right.

I agree.

However, if that is all you can afford, go for it and have fun.

well i hope it makes over 300 my 302 with these heads made 300 at the wheels. thats my goal is 400/400 at the wheels. i'm useing the GT40P's to get it up and running but have my eye on the AFR 185's. thats another reason i'm thinking of just pitting the heads and intake on with the way it sits and do the cam AFR heads latter? peace

View attachment 316935

john:p