Can I put a T56 from a camaro in my car? Whats needed?

• Sponsors (?)

94GT40 said:
That's lame... The 6-speed Camaros are much rarer than the Autos. The people you are swapping it from are making a big mistake. They shouldn't ruin a perfectly good Camaro. They should just sell it and buy an auto. :mad:

After you swap in the transmission, next thing you'll tell us is that you are going to drop in a LS1 motor :nonono:

sorry yall dont know what you are talking about
the 4l60e is a good tranny for low 400 to the wheels and lower

with a stall it will rape a 6 speed down the track

for drag go auto

95snoozer said:
sorry yall dont know what you are talking about
the 4l60e is a good tranny for low 400 to the wheels and lower

with a stall it will rape a 6 speed down the track

for drag go auto

I'm not talking about all out drag racing :nonono: I'm talking about *fun to drive* quotient :banana: That LS1 motor with the 6 speed is a hoot every time you grab a gear.

pleasehelp said:
Tell me about it. When I was looking for an F-body, before I bought my Mustang, I could hardly find some with 6 MT. 95% were autos and only about 5% were MT :mad:

I was actually shopping for one when I bought my 94 GT, but I couldn't find a decent one in my price range. The 6 speeds hold their resale value better.

I'm not trying to bash anyone for changing their car, just simply saying that the 6 speeds are rare and fun. That's it.

I'e had a 95 GT convertible auto and now own a 94 GT coupe manual. The manual is much more fun.

94gts said:
thats awesome :nice: . a six speed cop car :hail2:

Yeah, it actually was a retired cop car. He put a LT4 hot cam in (I think, not great remembering modern Chevy stuff) and some Hooker mufflers in it. Sounded bad a$$. Too bad it got totaled in a snow storm (he has another caprice in much better condition now awaiting the T56).

ljinx23 said:
Anyone???

I highly doubt that our floor pan allows for the shifter hole to be in the same place...i would think that you would see more guys doing it if it was a simple swap and direct fit.

Regardless of everything else....i dont think the shifter would fit into the hole without some customization.