Can my 96 beat a 05??

Omars96GT

Sep 12, 2008
hey whats up.. i have a 96GT with flowmasters and BBK H-pipe, short shifter and 75mm TB. Im planing to put a 3.73, will this be enough to beat a 05 GT with a 3.73? and what times do you guys think i'll run at the track with a 3.73 and PI cams and intake

• Sponsors (?)

haha, no, you will lose.
if that guy knows how to drive. it'll actually be a sweep, my 98gt, before the pi swap, i had a bbk plenum, throttle body, intake, 3.73, mac-x. and when i got my 03 gt, me and my brother raced....at the track....and i pulled on him going into third gear. and my car at the time was stock. also, i dunno what your gear ratio is, mine was 2.73 before i got 3.73's. you will actually not stand a chance.

sorry for sounding so negitive. but....yeah. good luck though :D

No you'll need more than that to beat a s197. They are truley badass stangs stock. Don't get discouraged though. Mod that beast and practice you driving skills and add a little juice and than you'll have a chance

Yea you could find them cheap but screw a car payment. My car is pretty damn quick and i have no payment. That means i can spend more on it to make it faster. I like that idea better. I'll much enjoy beating a 3v gt wif my wittle ole 2v. The s197's are titts though