Car got Broken Into / POR15'ed floorboard / trunk pan

Nagash01WS6

Apr 15, 2003
Deland, FL
Car got broken into on Monday night. Apprantly slim jimmed it, in through the passenger side. Removed the radio bezel along with the radio, so theres a big hole in the dash now, and removed my amp for the 6x8 speakers all through the car. Fortunately that is it for the damage report.
20121.jpg

I POR-15'ed the rear seat / trunk pan area. I had a small leak somewhere, and it started some rust under the rear seat. Sanded it down and hit it with POR15. Came out pretty good. Went ahead and did the trunk because I dont want to have any other problems sometime down the road, and besides, I was there. Im going to get under it eventually and do the underside. I just painted right over the sound deadener, dont feel like scraping that off.

20118.jpg

20119.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear about your car and this may not seem to be much solice........
But at least be glad they used a slim jim and not a screw driver or brick as to cost more for cosmetic repairs...............
Police have any leads or did they even come out.....?

Police came out and fingerprinted the car.
Someone has been breaking into a lot of the cars over at the YMCA the same way apparantly.

Im just glad nothing was damaged on the exterior of the vehicle.

Now I just need a new peice for the dash since they took it with the radio.

Sorry to hear that about your car. That sort of stuff scares me to death because you just never know.

Nice shift knob, I used to have that same one. I would have taken that while I was in there. lol WAS THAT COMMENT OUT OF LINE?

SeventyMach1 said:

Good link... I had not seen that one yet.

69clark said:
Sorry to hear that about your car. That sort of stuff scares me to death because you just never know.

Nice shift knob, I used to have that same one. I would have taken that while I was in there. lol WAS THAT COMMENT OUT OF LINE?

:nono: :nono: I probably would have too.:lol: :lol:

mricci said:
Sorry about your car. How do you like the por 15? I was thinking about doing my floorboards, trunk, and undercarriage wtih it next winter.
Good stuff. I brushed it on, and it went on real easily. It smoothed out really nice and I dont see any brush marks anywhere. Plus, I bought a quart, and there is still a ton of it left. That stuff goes a long way. I'll probably start on the undercarriage in the summer, or if I get really bored and have nothing to do for school.

Yeah, they broke into my truck too but all they got was the stuff in my tool box and my checkbook.

The dog next door scared them off before they got my cd player in my truck too, fortunately my mustang was safe inside the garage.

The one night kyle left his car out they broke in..... :mad:

We are ready for them now :flame: :dead:

The worst part of it all...... a friend of ours down the street got his tools stolen and they came BACK the next night and stole the cd player out of his truck too! That's so BALLS!

No kidding.

This sucks. I need a new remote for my alarm, mine sucks, and an extra one. They dont make them anymore. How damned stupid is that.

This is just driving me insane.

And the pocket thats in our cars... is that there from the factory? The bezels ive found on ebay dont have them at all, and the one that comes with an install kit looks kinda bad.

Nagash01WS6 said:

Thanks for the link. I have a T56(regular) that is waiting to be put in the car.

Do you have motion lights where you park your car?? If not, you may want to invest in some. If you don't want the look of flood lights they have regular looking outside lights(lowes, home depot) that have motion sensors in them and they come on only at night. You can also get some outdoor motion alarm. Not a blasting alarm but one that beeps when it detects motion. Found this site: http://homesecuritystore.com/motion_detectors.html you can also check out http://www.x10.com/home2.html (but get the items on ebay-way cheaper) for cheap home security items. Just my .02 cents.