Caster and Camber plates

4.6LGT

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
Hey everyone I am thinking of installing some Eibach springs. I want to go with the sportlines but is it necessary to get caster and camber plates for it? If so then I will probably go with teh pro kit for the drop. If you have any suggestions they are more then welcome. :worship:

• Sponsors (?)

I put on Sportlines a couple weeks ago and just left the stock plates on for now.

Once it settles a bit I will get the CC plates and get an alignment.

In other words, just because you don't have the plates right now shouldn't prevent you from doing the springs.

I have only a 1 - 1.25" drop on my car. I went through a set of front tires pretty quick...too much neg. camber. I got an alignment and there is still too much neg. camber. So i need to get c/c plates. I think its a good Idea with any amount of lowering.

decoy562 said:
Not to sound like a newbie, but what do the C/C plates actually do? :shrug:
They allow you to fine tune the caster/camber of the front alignment. The stock plates don't allow for very much adjustment. When you drop your car, your going to get more neg camber than you most likely want. The stock plates might not allow you to adjust the camber enough to get the alignment to stock specs. If that is the case then you need c/c plates.