Cervinis Ram Air Hood

Has anyone seen, heard anything about, or actually has the Cervinis Ram Air Hood? This is the only hood that catches my eye, except for the California Dream hood, but I'm also going to paint stripes on and this hood would work perfectly for that. I'm just curious what your opinions are on it and if Cervinis' stuff is good or total crap?

https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1160
(its part #1171 $499)

I would paint my black stripes to match up directly with the 12" openings in the front of the hood....

• Sponsors (?)

cervinis is said to be good quality stuff. i have only heard a few complaints, but many praises.

looks good, but does not look functional.

1171_(820x600).jpg

bleedingvayneAD said:
Right - so would that technically make it a mini-cowl induction hood?
No, traditionally a Cowl Induction hood scoops air off the front of the windshield from the rear of the hood. If the scoop on the Cervini's hood was open in the rear it would not have an "opening" in the front in the concept of cowl induction.

-Dan

I can't tell if this hood will work or not. I was going to paint 12" black stripes from bumper to bumper and when I saw that the openings on the hood were 12" wide, it seemed perfect. But it also says that it is 30" in the front, so I tried to go out to my car and measure things but I just couldn't figure it out. Also, I can't tell if the scoops seem somewhat slanted back, which wouldn't make the stripes that I want to paint through them look very good.

a slightly smaller stripe would not be ok? like a 11.5 inch stripe? if it fit in the scoop inserts, i think it would look good. but if you go too wide, then it will look goofy at the scoop. i dont think a set stripe width is the key here, rather what "looks good" would set the width. seems as if you are set on 12" stripes. if you are going with a scoop, it might alter your dimensions a bit.

another thing to think about if the design of the stripes. are they solid with no pinstripes, or are you gonna add a 1/4 inch space and then add 1/4 inch pinstripes to the sides? all of this will play into consideration at one point or another. hood choice will also affect the design outcome.

I'm not set on stipre width. I just can't tell if the scoops seem to be slanted back some, which would look odd with the stripes going through them. But I would definitely paint the stripes so they looked good with the hood because I'd be painting the stripes and hood at the same time.

crewwolfy said:
Just a quick mock up, but I think stripes with pinstripes could look hot on this hood. Imagine the entire car is black, I was too lazy to do any more than this...
stang013tx.jpg
are you suggesting that the srtipes dont go over the scoop, but they do go over the rest of the car? if you want the stripes to go over the scoop with that setup, it will be difficult with the contours of the scoop edges, and im not sure how it would look if they stopped at the scoop.

Attachments

• stang013tx.jpg
    stang013tx.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 77
bleedingvayneAD said:
I think I'll see if my body shop can cut holes behind the screened areas on the scoops to make it sorta functional.

Unless you do some duct work and route the air to your intake, the only thing you're going to do is get your engine bay very dirty and cruddy. If you're looking for cooling, then you want a cowl induction hood, not mock ram-air. This hood probably could be made to be functional in the ram-air sense, but would take some work.

DarkFireGT said:
Unless you do some duct work and route the air to your intake, the only thing you're going to do is get your engine bay very dirty and cruddy. If you're looking for cooling, then you want a cowl induction hood, not mock ram-air. This hood probably could be made to be functional in the ram-air sense, but would take some work.
Gotcha. So am I better off just leaving it as it is?

I would have the stripes start at the front bumper and line them up to go directly throught the scoops and continue over the scoop and rest of the hood all the way to the rear bumper.

I'm almost ready to bite the bullitt (haha, get it?) and order this hood because the more I look at it and the more I think about my finished product, the more I drool.

Just called and talked to Cervinis. The hood scoops are functional!! Aaaaaaaaaaand they aren't slanted back at all. So if i can just figure out if the stripes would work then I'll be going with this hood!! But I still can't picture how the stripes would look from bumper to bumper going striaght through the hood scoops.... (hint hint)....