Check Engine Code 332

VooDooChild

Founding Member
Nov 29, 2001
MidTennessee
Hey Guys,

Had the intake off a couple of weeks ago. replaced some gaskets and stuff you know general maint. Runs perfect, no issues at all.

Well I had the check engine light come on the other day. Pulled codes just alittle while ago.

332 - Insufficient EGR Flow detected. :mad: :bang: :fuss:

WTF is this... is it the DPFE sensor, or is it clogged CATS... I have had ppl tell me both. I did put the factory H pipe back on about early spring. Was running MAC O/R H but got too loud for me.

Any ideas.......

• Sponsors (?)

Did you clean your EGR while you had it off? You may have broke it when you were cleaning it (happened to me but w/ my IAC valve).

R/R a new one and see what happens.

If you didn't mess with it, verify that you hooked up the vacuum lines up in the correct spots, and none of them broke. They are very fragile and small lines.
Scott

Did you clean your EGR while you had it off?

No I didn't clean it.....

Now when I first started it, I forgot to connect the IAC and got a check engine right away. Shut it down and checked all the connections, found that I did not connect it. Re-connected and it started with out CE light. After that CE comes on after the car is warmed up and I am down the road. It will not come on when I start and let it warm up to normal. I tryed to trip it in the drive way buy putting AC to Max in an attempt to get it in the "high normal" temp range. No dice.... backed out and took it down the road and it came on before I got to 5th gear...
I guess I need to take the EGR off and check it. That is gonna be a PITA :fuss:

Oh and thanks for the reply. :nice:

Yep, sounds like what my car was doing. My CE light went away when I disabled my EGR.

If you find a cheap place to buy a replacement let me know. I tried cleaning mine in the past as well.

Well I finally got around to fix the 332 code. After going to 3 different parts stores. Everyone had the wrong part listed. :mad: Well I went to AutoZone and they said they have one, but it was in another store and that I could get it tomorrow or drive 35 miles to get it. I had them check and it was the correct part. $79.00 Well I had some rust buster on the bolt of the old one for 3 days, and it came right off :banana: Rust buster rocks :hail2:

Well when I was mounting the new EGR I noticed that the vac line to the egr was not seated all the way on the other end.... :doh: :bang: I can't believe that I missed it, I know I checked it. Well 94-302-vert if you want my old one that is good $20 and pay shipping and its yours. I would have taken it back, but I already had it bolted on. Just glad the CE light is gone now.