Classic Design Concepts News

cdcsource

Aug 24, 2007
I’d like to take a second to introduce myself. My name is Colby and I work for Classic Design Concepts. We are trying to get some feedback on a few new product releases and some possible releases.

We are releasing a Rockford Fosgate plug & play system for the Shaker 500 system. This system will simply plug and play using the factory head unit and is easily wired without any modification to your stock Mustang. It’s got a 12 inch sub and a 150 watt amp, all enclosed in an OE styled enclosure to maintain stock appearance. The enclosure was designed to use minimal trunk space while also providing the greatest performance out of the sub woofer. It was designed specifically for the Mustang. The cost is $999.00 and will be available with in the next 3 to 4 weeks. Our first shipment will be minimum quantities so preorders are suggested if you are interested. I’ve been testing it for a month now and it sounds great. It’s an easy way to add a good amount of bass in a nice clean setup.

We should have some news on headlights in the next few weeks but for now any thoughts or comments on the sub would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me at [email protected] or call me at 866-624-7997 et 227.

post ok'd per MRaburn

• Sponsors (?)

I'll be honest - I'm 22, and I feel like I've outgrown the subwoofer stage. I like hearing the bass, but I don't need hard, loud hits anymore. I had two 10" in my last mustang that were sold in car, and I have no intention of replacing them. Also, I paid 800 for the subs (Kicker Comp VRs, 300 Watts RMS each, 600 Peak each), enclosure, amp (Memphis 500W class D), wiring, and installation using stock head unit. I wouldn't have even considered 1,000 for 150 watts.

I can't wait to see what else you may have coming in the performance and appearance departments though. You have some pretty awesome stuff out there already, and I'm sure its just going to get better!

That price seems awefully high. While I, also, am not interested in face melting bass anymore, I would still like a bit more low end than the Shaker 500 offers, and am very interested in a plug and play system. But for $1k, I could pretty much buy a woofer, amp, build my own box, buy a decent head unit, and replace all the stock speakers. I was reading the post, and i was completely excited until I saw the outrageous price. You guys make some great products, but your prices are normally more reasonable.

The Scosche 05 Mustang Enclosure is only $200 including a woofer. Even with an amp and professional installation, that would be $300 less. There's also a powered MTX enclosure with a 12" woofer for $550 from Crutchfield.

I, for one, would like to see you guys produce the headlamp treatments you have on your showcars. I know there are many people interested, and quite a few have emailed you guys. Those would be a huge seller. I'd be interested in this sub enclosure, but not for more than $599. That'd be the most I would even think about paying.

The Shaker 500 only has subs in the door. That's the system I have.

I agree, I use to spend 1000s on stereos for my cars. But now I think the Shaker 500 and 1000 sound great. Sure I'd like a little more clarity from the mids and a tad more thump. But really, beyond replacing the factory speakers with upgraded ones I can't see adding anything to the trunk.

But hey, that's just my take on it. There are plenty of customer young and old a like I am sure!

It sounds like a great idea, but I have to agree with the others, 1k is a lot. I could get a custom box for a 12" sub, an amp, and everything to hook it up for far less than 1k and it would, for the most part, sound just as good.

I would defiantly be interested in this system if it were a bit cheaper. Either way though, I'd love to see some pics and get some specs whenever possible.

Thanks for the info!

We should have some news on headlights in the next few weeks but for now any thoughts or comments on the sub would be greatly appreciated..........

post ok'd per MRaburn

Hey guys,

Can we keep the content specific to the subs as requested. :nice:

You guys are welcome to start a new thread to discuss among yourselves the headlight items.

Thanks!

~J~

Hey guys,

Can we keep the content specific to the subs as requested. :nice:

You guys are welcome to start a new thread to discuss among yourselves the headlight items.

Thanks!

~J~

I don't believe the original post talked about the headlight buckets. The post has been edited. Had I seen that, I wouldn't have brought it up. Colby please post when information is available.

Nuff said about headlights.

Back to sub.

Thanks guys for your honest feedback so far. Here's a photo of the actual product.

Attachments

• sub.jpg
    sub.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 351
It does look great and takes up alot less space than the Shaker1000 box, but I'm with Dark on not wanting to pay more than $599. Otherwise great product being plug and play.
attachment.php

mustang_sound_02.jpg

get my 2 cents in here being i was caught between a rock and hard place when i purchased my 07 gt. I had the mach 1000 in my 02 and was pretty insistent on having it again in my 07. However price and availibility did play a factor. I think this looks like an excellent product for me, if i wouldn't have had a stero shop throw in a 300W amp and 10 sub already, however i'll give you this CDC looks much better:bang: . I guess my only beef would be the price, 1k is pretty close to shaker 1000 price. It may take up less space and plug right in the head unit, but it still isn't factory. I'm not saying $1000 is impractical becuase i know you guys put a lot of time in developing it, but lets just say if it was $8-900 i bet you could sell them all day long. Given CDC's good name i'm sure they go like hot cakes even at $1000. I'd like to hear one but it looks like it could fit the bill for many mustang owners who want add a little thump in the trunk, but don't want to got to audio school.

thanks,
matt