Closest Strip to Drag????

admdavs

Feb 25, 2004
Chicago
I am posting this question to find a drag strip near my house- I live in the Schaumburg Area- just of I-90 by Rte. 53- and I was wondering if Joliet or Rockford would be closer to lay a couple of runs at??? Also- how do I contact them and how do I set up a schedule to do a few runs???? :shrug: Thanks in advance!! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Three to choose from, they all are about the same distance.
Byron Dragway- Byron, IL
Great Lakes Dragway a.k.a GLD- Union Grove, WI 294 north exit KR go west a few.
Route 66 Raceway- Joleit, IL

all tracks have web sites with scheduals, just look for a day that says T&T,or test and tune

MissBlondie said:
I'd think us41 or Joliet is closest to you. Joliet is definitely the best one.

41 is almost two hours from Schaumburg, and like Black2k says Joliet is VERY strict about tech,and doesnt have very many T&T's, the ones they have are crowded. It sucks to pay $30 and get two runs in. :notnice:

66 is a beatiful track however their T&T is mainly on Tuesdays only since they do alot of events. On T&T days it's average for you to be there 4-5 hours and only get in 2-3 runs. Tech is very detailed and very strict.

Byron is by far the best even on a busy day it's been known you can hotlap after each run. The track isn't the best but still a decent track where you can get good times. Byron's Tech is pretty much non exsistant you can run 12's with them never saying a word about a helmet.

GLD is similar to Byron but can be much busier plus I'm not too fond of their track little worse condition than Byron. Tech is even more lax here than at Byron.

Us 41 is by far the worse track as far as condition wise Tech is again non-exsistant but since it's in Indiana and not a very good track not alot of people visit it so you can get alot of runs in, in a short amount of time.