Clutch Pedal Swap Help

dbdragracing

Dec 1, 2004
Im very close to finishing my T5 swap...will start tomorrow when FedEx finally delivers my Pro 5.0 shifter!

I am curious about the wiring. I put the pedal assembly in and now with the clutch I have two new sensor/switches to hook up (one hooks to the clutch pedal and one touches the quadrant)...I found connectors in the harness to connect them to, but Im not sure if they are right. Will the harness only fit one connector...not any of the others? I think the senor on the clutch pedal is right by the pictures I found on WestCoastFords, but the sensor on the quadrant Im unsure of...I found a plug with a jumper in it above the stereo that fits...is this right?

I also have two harnesses on the transmission, but I can only find a place to plug the reverse light harness into...the other harness (on top) I have no idea what it is.

Please let me know your experiences. I really want to drive it tomorrow. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

The wire you found by the radio goes to the quadrant, its the cruise control cut off switch and the two connectors on the left side are specific, they'll only fit one connector, so you cant go wrong.

On the trans you should have plugs for the backup light switch, neutral safety, and speed sensor; do you have the in car T5 harness with three connectors?

Yeah you'll need a T5 harness, it's under the drivers seat and it goes through a hole under the car.

I read about some people that modified the AOD harness, or something like that, but I just used a real T5 harness to keep it factory.