CMCV delete

gx1856

Oct 9, 2006
I have an 07 Mustang with long tube Kooks, x-pipe, 3.90 gears, SCT tuner, cold air, Granatelli coils & I have removed 300 pounds. I am thinking about the CMCV delete, and I was looking for some feedback. Are there any noticable gains? Other than a decrease in partial throttle torque are there any downsides to the delete?

• Sponsors (?)

Weight loss

Lightweight aluminum driveshaft, BMR swaybar delete, dry cell battery, Kooks long tube headers and Pypes x-pipe (the new exhaust saved over 20 lbs), BMR double adjustable upper & lower links & panhard bar with metal bushings on all ends, removed: spare tire, jack, all insulation in trunk, struts for decklid, cast weights on back side of rear axle, front bumper structure, plastic tray over radiator, washer tank, heat shields. The interior is unmolested, and my last weight on the car was 3280. My goal is 2900 pounds. I currently have on order 15*9.75 Bogart wheels for the rear (to mount 26*11.5 Mickey Thompson ET Street wrinkle wall tires) & 17*4.5 Weld racing wheels for the front & a lightweight clutch and flywheel. The wheels and tires alone will save over 100 pounds.

Handling with BMR sway bar delete

It handles just fine without the sway bar. If you want to see how the car will handle before you spend the $150, then you should just remove the sway bar and drive it around for a few days. The sway bar alone weighs about 15 lbs. You will still have the radiator support. If you like how it drives without the sway bar, then you can order the BMR bracket and save another 15 lbs.

Track times

I do not have any timeslips yet. As soon as my rear wheels come in I am taking the car to the track & I will post the times & the current weight ticket. For anyone considering the aluminum driveshaft, I would highly recommend it. It is unbelievable how much more power gets to the ground with less rotating mass. I hope that the lightweight clutch and flywheel will give me comparable gains.

Aluminum driveshaft

I bought the driveshaft from JPC Racing. Their phone number is 410-768-3025. It is an excellent piece and I have no vibration with it. I would highly recommend it.