Cobra brake conv. Finally done! pics

theconductor

15 Year Member
Aug 9, 2007
Roseville, CA
After over a month of the car on jackstands and spending a few hours here and there working on it. And after finishing the rear end only to find that I didn't like the extra length of the sn95 axles and deciding to replace them.... I finally drove it out of the garage today. :nice:

Pictures are kinda dark, but I am on my way to get an alignment and just snapped a few quickies.

What do you all think?

3080654_9_full.jpg

3080654_10_full.jpg

3080654_11_full.jpg

Thanks to all that helped with my questions!

-kyle

• Sponsors (?)

What axles did you end up using then? Fox length 5 lug with the sn'95 flange?

Yeah, some stock length moser's from LRS. They have the disc flange. As well as the whatever brackets they offer. NRC I believe. The brackets are kinda cheap, I had to drill out the holes on the drivers side as they came too small for the factory bolts to fit through. Actually, the moser axles were machined wrong as well and I had to grind the ends off for the pinion to fit in between them inside the carrier....

-kyle

haha, i used the 93 cobra stuff and it was alittle rough. i can imaging the bigger 94/95 boosters would be even more fun. its a great feeling though!

I was pretty proud of myself when I had finally beaten enough out of my engine bay to jam that booster in there! It was an even better feeling to finally finish tightening that top left nut that holds the booster on. Yeah that whole thing was just a PITA......:mad: