Cobra Killer Kit

• Sponsors (?)

A plug for Tim and his customer service. I bought the SVO blower, I don't want to melt tires, just get in front of the mini-vans, I had many problems. Ford racing is run by trained monkeys, after reading about T&J I made an appt. and drove to GA for a tune. My air/fuel is at 11.5:1 flat from idle to redline, my idle is smooth, I GAINED 35 hp at the wheels. If you live on the continental U.S. drive to T&J, pay for the expert service and knowledge. I am on the www.modularfordpowerhouse.com web site. In the customer section, I am representing the 98 sleeper. :hail2: T&J

White360RFnSwee said:
I hate the Cobra Killer Kit, because I Drive a COBRA!

:p

-Ryan

Don't worry, he works on Cobras too. ;) He just has a thing for 2 valves per cylinder. The head work and cams they have on those 2 valves helps them to breath pretty well. There are several 600+rwhp built GTs running around that T&J has built and tuned. In a few weeks there will be a couple more. Tim will help get me to over 500rwhp soon enough. He has me pretty happy with my daily driver right now. :D

-Jason

how can i get info on the Viper killer kit? is there an estimated price?? this kit doesnt need tuning either?? thats amazing! so all i have to do is send my computer and he reflashes it and i think i will upgrade to the 03 cobra fuel pump instead of the Steeda dual pumps.

NewbStang said:
I wouldnt fuss for 100 but ive heard people getting it for aorun 2900-3000 thats almost 1k less you know...Plus you gotta count in sendin him the ecu and the pump and the downtime on the car while you wait for parts...Im not doggin him or anything I find this kit to meet my needs in every way but because hes in georgia it adds some complications and the cost is high too
You wont get this kit from anyone.I think you missed the whole "kit" thing.Noone has this kit except us.
To each his own,good luck with whatever you choose to use..

LOL Ryan,you know I love cobra's.......:)WTF happened to your new 2valve?:)

Tim

Whatever you decide to go with, Tim(Cobra Killer) can help you out. He sells both the Kenne Bell blowers and the Vortech blowers. Give Tim a call and talk to him about your hp goals and he can lead you in the right direction. His goal is to make the customer happy, not to sell you something and say sayaonara.

00s281sc368 said:
... or the "Viper Killer" kit with a 9psi Kennebell :D And don't need any tuner for it.
So you don't recommend a dyno tune? I've just never heard anyone with a blower say "you don't need any tuner" and am worried that your statement will confuse people that don't know.

mustangmike23 said:
micool, u got it exactly some ppl say u need a tune and others say u dont......so i have been confused and still am?!!???!??!
Well, here's my take on it. You can get by with the chip supplied in a manufacturers kit but every car is different so at best your tune will be generic. With an adaptive tune (such as the cobra killer kit) your pcm will compensate for small changes without having to get another chip. I would never say to someone that you do not need a good tuner or that you do not need to visit a dyno to optimize your combination as that's insane. I wouldn't be willing to risk a new motor just bc I wanted to save a few bucks and not use a tuner.

one more quick q to the blower guy :)

I will be doing
Tb and Plenum
Catted Xpipe and Catback before I do blower

Now I hear that the plenum/tb can cause the car to run lean...will you take that into account when you reburn the ecu??

NewbStang said:
one more quick q to the blower guy :)

I will be doing
Tb and Plenum
Catted Xpipe and Catback before I do blower

Now I hear that the plenum/tb can cause the car to run lean...will you take that into account when you reburn the ecu??

I believe the tune will adapt to that mod just fine. It's when you get to 400hp where you have to worry. Call Tim or post a question here: http://www.modularmustangs.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=29
for him. He will answer it whenever he gets on the board.

A custom tune is everything, i installed my Vortech and sent the processor to Vortech for their tune. All i could get out of it was 340rwhp/339rwtq and pinging. I had Richard@ Strictly Performance burn a custom Diablo chip and do some dyno time i came out with some impressive #'s. I also found out i was real lean but that will be fixed soon.

2000 Mustang GT
Vortech V2SQ 8psi
Dragon Plenum
BBK 70 tb
Stock MAF
Steeda BP
BBK off rd. x pipe
Delta Flow 3ch.
Diablo Chip
30# inj.
Tuned by Strictly Performance
414 rwhp/408 rwtq

T&J Performance are the best all around. They are experienced mechanics and tuners. They won't sell you anything you don't need. True Blue Performance is about a 45 minute drive from my house.

I opted to drive the extra 7 hours to T&J and haven't thought twice about it. They are awesome guys and have the best customer service I have ever dealt with.

97 Stang GT said:
T&J Performance are the best all around. They are experienced mechanics and tuners. They won't sell you anything you don't need. True Blue Performance is about a 45 minute drive from my house.

I opted to drive the extra 7 hours to T&J and haven't thought twice about it. They are awesome guys and have the best customer service I have ever dealt with.

7hrs?

ha....try 13hrs on the way down and 18hrs on the way back :owned:

:jester:

micool said:
So you don't recommend a dyno tune? I've just never heard anyone with a blower say "you don't need any tuner" and am worried that your statement will confuse people that don't know.

It's always safe to check A/F and everything on the dyno. But in my case and apparently all other KB setups, the chip does not need any changes. KB make it right the first time. 433rwhp @9psi is far better than a Vortech kit on a stock block, that's over 500HP crank. That's why I call it Viper killer :D