CobraRed's Build thread - updated periodically

Chris im gonna have to role with you to the track when your all said and done, I wanna see what the beast does..... Build looks great, now that youve got most of the issues out the way !! LOL

ha, i bet ur s-197 can still get a better et with slicks than when im done. But that sounds like a plan man, as long as i can make it to the next gas station on I-5:rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

Just bought these at the stealership, but the guy was cool after we started talking and gave me 15% off.
1 - TUBE ASY- HEATER WAT
1 - Thermostat, f150, w/supercharger - f150 1997-03, heritage 2004 (4.6l, 5.4l) 1999 180 degree
1 - HOSE ASSEMBLY-HEATER
1 - BRKT-ALT SUPT
1 - Valve cover gasket, mustang, left - 4.6l sohc 1996 - 1998
1 - Valve cover gasket, mustang, right - 4.6l sohc 1996 - 1998
2 - Manifold gasket, all models, sohc 2003 - 2004
8 - AWSF-12C's

got everything together except for cams. Should be my last update before i start making posts about the problems i'm having putting it all together, ha!
Even got 100 5x8" bags for disassembly parts
Picture124.jpg

Attachments

• Picture124.jpg
    Picture124.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 66
Well im out in Losuisiana for chistmas and just got online to check my e-mail and saw i got a message from hotmustang. Looks like im ****ed, since he drove his car into a wall at 158 it means my build is down the drain for now. This VT cams i put my build off for 2 months for arn't coming my way, the tune i have is for VT cams and the build was supposed to start this saturday and then completed when the cams arrived. Now i'm F'd cuz this is really the only time i can do this since it's my christmas break from college. Now i just have a bunch of expensive parts sitting around.

the tune is a matter of a e- mail,vt stage 1 cams are still avail new,not the deal you were getting,but in stock. build still can be done but just more$$$,sorry to hear you plans went to s**t, such in the life of a mustang modder.

UPDATE:

Got the Allied Motors heads today, not ported but liquid run though smoothed and poly crystalline coated, i have a chart somewhere that shows the flow: 172/152

Picture121.jpg

My new comp cam springs on it, intake's are pretty smooth - not bad
Picture125.jpg

Picture127.jpg

How much to do the liquid run though smoothed and poly crystalline coated?

Attachments

• Picture121.jpg
    Picture121.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Picture125.jpg
    Picture125.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Picture127.jpg
    Picture127.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 60
Yikes I never even looked in this thread! Man dude, again im REALLY REALLY sorry...I had no idea all this was going on. WOW. And you have run into alot of problems along the way, and then now not getting my cams :( Man I can understand why you were upset...but hey check that link out for the 262s I sent you. Only 180 more shipped for BRAND NEW 262s. Same power...tune is identacle for them.
Like I said, I was going to sell the vts to you for sure when we swapped in the turbo cams sometime next month....but after my crash, my car is trashed and the engine is my dads now and it actually wont be messed with for quite some time. :(
Again really sorry it worked out this way....especially since you have had all these problems already. :nonono:

But trust me, once you get it all togethor....the power will be SO worth the wait. I remember I waited 3 or 4 moths for my cams new....but when I finally got them it was SO worth it.
Anyways I hope you can forgive me, for the way all this worked out. :(

Looks like im either going to pay Jim of CMS to grind me some VT stage 1's, or get stage II's used for a good deal cheaper. Depends one how things go - install will either be next month over weekends or knocked out over spring break in March