Code 211

trickstang94

Nov 17, 2004
CA
Code 211.....Profile Ignition Pick-up Circuit Failure.

I already posted about my car not starting. And when it does it backfires through the exhaust or runs rough and I hearing popping from the engine(cant narrow it down to where). Anyway this morning I ran KOEO codes and I got a 211, along with an 113 and 122, but I know what to do with them even though I never threw them codes before. Could it all be because of the same thing? Has anyone ever had this code before and how did they fix it?

• Sponsors (?)

The PIP is the Profile Ignition Pick up, or stator. It is inside the dizzy and provides the base spark and fuel injector timing.

you can get it a new stator from advance auto for about $20.When i had the code ,my car would just stop while driving and it would take a long time to start back up.

trickstang94 said:
Code 211.....Profile Ignition Pick-up Circuit Failure.

I already posted about my car not starting. And when it does it backfires through the exhaust or runs rough and I hearing popping from the engine(cant narrow it down to where). Anyway this morning I ran KOEO codes and I got a 211, along with an 113 and 122, but I know what to do with them even though I never threw them codes before. Could it all be because of the same thing? Has anyone ever had this code before and how did they fix it?

113 = IAT indicates below -40*F, i.e. the voltags is way too low. Maybe the connection is bad or it's extremely dirty??

122 = TPS voltage too low. Maybe same thing, bad connection. Should be around .99V at idle and 4.66 at WOT.
Scott