Considering doing a 351w swap into my 302, whats needed?

:D Can someone explain what an engine plate is how it works, pictures? Can you buy it or do you have to make it? I have a 95gt (see sig) that I want to do the 351 swap in. My concern is making sure I have enough hood clearance.
Any help would be apreciated. Thanks :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

An engine plate utilizes bossed on the front of the engine to support itself leaving the sides free and open for clearance. Typically it is sandwiched between the waterpump and block. Drawbacks are vibration as they more commonly are solid mount units and can vibrate your teeth right outta ya and the other is working on/around the stupid thing as well as having to re-align all your accessory drive components (i.e. alternator, PS pump, etc..) Motor plates are great for competition use but can be trouble on street/daily driven cars.

Edwin, I think the 351w is pretty much drop in in your '95. your car uses a K-frame which is probably 10 times easier to deal with when swapping to non-stock engines. I know there a few swap pieces you'll need to get. Would be better to ask the SN95 Guys that stuff. :nice: