Considering new GT, have a question

jdfj316

Aug 30, 2009
Drove a 2010 GT Prem. Saturday, it had the conv. package, 19" wheel pack and the 3.55 rear axle pack. It says it includes the 3.55 gears with limited slip diff. I though all the GT's came with the limited slip diff. Is this correct or not, could not find anything on Ford's site about it. I have driven the Camaro SS and Dodge Challenger R/T and I really love the Stang best. May be my next car.

• Sponsors (?)

nah-limited slip is an option. Check the sticker next time and you'll see that its included for like $395 or 400 more. Either the 2.55 or 3.373. I'm not sure if it comes with a limited slip right out the gate, anyone know??

First of all the optional rear axles are 3.55 or 3.73. I believe limited slip is standard.

Limited slip is standard, but they do offer the carbon fiber clutch pack upgrade on the track pack cars. Maybe that is what they are referring to?? 3:31 is the standard ratio and 3:55s an 3:73s are the options. But I could be wrong also???

Really? That stinks, id be upset if I was turned down because I had an auto. Of course that explains why they dont want to give the Supercharged upgrade to the autos either. Hmm.. by a manual....M5 in my terminology lol

Track Pack with an automatic transmission is an oxymoron :rlaugh:

I believe they don't warranty the supercharged autos because the transmission is not as strong.

I believe they don't warranty the supercharged autos because the transmission is not as strong.

The Track Pack is only available on GT PREMIUM models.

The supercharger is not available for vehicles equipped with automatics because the software hasn't been written, plus, for reasons like you said, because the automatic transmission is weaker.

As for some of these options only being available on one vehicle or another, strings can be pulled by custom-ordering, according to a dealer I visited...

Yeah alot of the Autos arnt very strong, both of my GTs were manual and I loved it. I talked like that to, thinking why in the world would anyone drive an auto sports car. Well...seeing as I have one,got an auto so my wife can drive it...I got to say....its way more convenient and I actually enjoy it. Of course theres nothing like droppin the clutch and smokin the tires. :nice: