Couple cool pics...new suspension design

dolfan87

Founding Member
Dec 28, 2000
Lake Havasu, AZ
Nicks Wedding 003.jpg

Nicks Wedding 001.jpg

Obviously nothing is in powder coat right now, but this is the new, and final design for testing.

We have screw in ball joints top and bottom. We have 5" of travel with zero bumpsteer. Everything can be adjusted at the rod ends.

We have Koni's on the car now, but it is looking more and more like we will be getting a deal through Bilstein.

Like everyone already knows, our CNC guy is supposed to get with me this Weds, and we will be in good shape. If everything goes well, we will have kits ready to go by the middle to end of October.

Enjoy, and feel free to ask questions.

• Sponsors (?)

Of course....let me be the first to ask as i am very interested....

Price? I dont need mine powdercoated ...hehe. What springs will be used though? will it be an adjustable ride hieght? Feel free to PM ME. Or, if you need some advice on powdercoating them if yall are going to do them yourselves, just PM ME with questions.

Shane

allcarfan said:
Of course....let me be the first to ask as i am very interested....

Price? I dont need mine powdercoated ...hehe. What springs will be used though? will it be an adjustable ride hieght? Feel free to PM ME. Or, if you need some advice on powdercoating them if yall are going to do them yourselves, just PM ME with questions.

Shane

Springs are going to be in the 2.5"x12" in the 300-350lb range.

Price is going to be dependent on what the CNC guy quotes me, and what comes through with Bilstein. We are shooting for under 2 grand.

Powder coating is done here locally by a guy that I use. Uncoated will save you 100 bucks off of whatever our final price comes in at. That is just what he charges us.

I'll just sum it up. :drool:

I'll make sure to add about $1500 to my loan amount. Oh, and I'll take mine powder coated black. :D

Oh, when you get done with this are you going to help me with my coil over rear set up? Ole buddy ole pal. :cheers:

I love what I see so far. I'd like to see more pictures, though. I'd really like to see it in person. Will you possibly be displaying it at Fun Ford Weekend in Phoenix this November? I'd like a better view of the upper shock mount area. Can the shock towers be eliminated with this kit? Will the kit include the SN95 Mustang brakes, or will that be up to the buyer to supply?

96 DOHC Cobra said:
I love what I see so far. I'd like to see more pictures, though. I'd really like to see it in person. Will you possibly be displaying it at Fun Ford Weekend in Phoenix this November? I'd like a better view of the upper shock mount area. Can the shock towers be eliminated with this kit? Will the kit include the SN95 Mustang brakes, or will that be up to the buyer to supply?

This kit uses the stock spindles, so brakes are up to the buyer. I am TRYING to have the car ready by November, and if it is, I will be in Phoenix for that. Shock towers can NOT be eliminated with our stuff.

Gram

First and foremost, the pics look great without the powdercoating. We all know you've been working hard at the design and build. Obviously, the next question is performance and feel; which I'm looking forward to hearing about in the near future. I just wish hope you get back to us soon so I can scratch my itch to finish my front suspension.

65straightsick said:
Put it closer to $1,000.....gaurantee it will be the best selling kit out there....gaurantee. I wish i could have a set up that perrty :rolleyes: Oh well...one day I will have enough money the honest way......win the lottery :nice:

A thousand dollars just isn't possible.

For those of you wondering why these kits are so expensive, add up what it would cost to build one. Rod ends, bungs, CNC work, shocks and springs, steel, tie rod material, spacers, bolts...it's not cheap. Then you have to pay yourself, and the shop for time.

We are doing our very best to make these kits affordable as possible. I know everyone wants a hardcore set price, but until we know what our full costs are going to be, we can't set one.

I can promise you guys this, we will not try to screw the Mustang community for a buck.