damn power steering pulley

WhiteDevil

Feb 4, 2003
San Diego
Hey i just got a power steering pump puller and cant seem to get it to come off. Does it just pull straight off. Mine wont seem to budge. Or do i have the wrong puller? Am i doing it wrong. Any help would be great. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Where did you get the puller from. If it has a few different "studs" use the one with the skinny, non-threaded one. STick the non threaded part in through the bolt in the center of the pulley, if you use the wrong one it will not go straight. Let me know if you need more in fo, I just pulled mine last night and put it on today. I still have the puller set, but I plan to take it back tomorrow. I can take a pic of it if you'd like.

Killercanary said:
Where did you get the puller from. If it has a few different "studs" use the one with the skinny, non-threaded one. STick the non threaded part in through the bolt in the center of the pulley, if you use the wrong one it will not go straight. Let me know if you need more in fo, I just pulled mine last night and put it on today. I still have the puller set, but I plan to take it back tomorrow. I can take a pic of it if you'd like.

Yeah a pic would be great just to compare to the one i got. Basically it looks like it pushes against the bolt and pulls it straight out. Is that how it comes off. Or does it need to be unscrewed or something?

This is the set-up you need to pull off the pulley

ps 002.jpg

ps 003.jpg

ps 004.jpg

ps 005.jpg

This is the set-up you need to install

ps 008.jpg

ps 009.jpg

if ur just taking it off to remove the bracket, just grind an old wrench down to reach the bolt under the pulley. I have had BAD luck removing that pulley, they never wanna go back on with out a fight, and the inside of the pump shaft always strips.