DAYDREAMING,If you could, how would you do it?????

I'm making this thread cause when I graduate from college and get my job(which is only half a semester away :banana: ), I really want to build an engine and drop it into my car. I was thinking of a short block, but don't know which one :shrug: , 347 stroker, and Trickflow heads, intake and cam, along with all other components. I was wondering if you all you make your dream set-up and post it on here and why you would use what you would, I'll be using this thread as a reference if it has a good outcome. FWIW, I plan on being able to take my car out for a cruise without worrying about driveability issues and would love for it to run 11s. Is it possible??? :shrug:
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

nope, no loans or g/f, my only love is my car. and i understand about "how much do we have" but i'm not going to do it in a month or couple of months, i'm gonna take my time and build a bad ass engine. and my major is management which the start pay is $40,000 straight out of college and since i have internships to back me up and crap, i should do a little better. all i'm asking is to post your dream set-up FMI.
thanx

donjohn said:
wow, that seems a little extravagant and maybe not cruiseable. anyways, i kinda want a 331/347 or something like that that can handle a turbo. of course 11 sec hopes will probably need a bigger engine than that.

it will be crusiable, ill be cruising to the gas station every few miles.

My dream setup is a DSS Super Pro Bullet 306, forged EVERYTHING, eddie performer rpm II, an FTI cam, and AFR 185s. Oh, and a did I mention a Garrett 77m turbo? Spin that mother to 7 grand and see 10s allll day long.

vroooooom - schhhhhh - vrooooom - schhhhh <--- the sound of a build 306 with a blow off valve... its magic.

I'd stay somewhat reasonable and go with a dart block 347 ( you could do a 363 with a dart block safely I believe its a .125" over bore) a set of afr 205's, a custom cam, 1 3/4" longtubes victor 5.0 intake, 90mm TB, 42lb injectors, lightweight rotating assembly, spin it to around 7000 and shoot for 450-500hp to the tire and shoot for easy mid 10's on pump gas :cool: I'd use at least a 410 gear and hope for 128+mph traps. Or i'd do a supercharged dart block 306 with a similar set up as described above with less head maybe.

I'm actually thinking about a supercharger for my car now after I get my tremec tko and clutch install done. I can afford it w/ no problems, just a matter if I want to spend the money.

Not being one to settle for anything less than what I want, this is the setup I'm building (or at least the combo that's in the lead right now; I change my mind too much):

Dart 351W Aluminum block, 9.5" deck, 4.125" bore
Eagle 4340 crank, internal balance
Eagle H-beam rods
Mahle NASCAR pistons
4 stage dry sump system
= 427 cid

CNC ported AFR 185's (considering 205's)
Roush intake
Custom grind cam

T-80 turbo

Custom EEC/FMU with several tunes varying from a ~550 hp street tune to a full out, 118 octane ~1200 hp tune.

Sirsureshot can suck my exhaust. :D

Ultimate street car? This is too easy...

--4.125" bore, 9.5 deck DART block w/ a 0.030" overbore
--Cola 347 crank
--Crower 6.675" rods
--Probe Pistons w/ 1.125 CH

This should equal zero deck. If it doesn't have the block decked so it does. All balanced to 28 oz.

--AFR 225 or preferably Victor heads
--Super Spyder manifold
--The biggest TB I could find
--Whatever grinder that would even talk to me, I'd go with him

Shift the motor at 7500, Cross the line at 7500.

--4.56, 4.88, or 5.14 gear
--T-56 tranny with a VERY steep 6th gear to keep the revs down

Should go 9's in a heartbeat.

All on pump gas. :D

Joe

Joe...I swear I seen that car or motor yesterday at FFW...was a late 80s Fox body running 9s on all motor. it had license plate to boot..I was seated at the end of the track...freakin unbelievable !!!

If I could daydream....I'd have the boys at Kuntz or Bennett build me a sweetass balanced/blueprinted 347...Oilpan to TB...I'd unwrap the mother...drop it in and go...done deal..

351 stroked to a 408. 185 AFRs, super spyder intake, good cam, procharger d-series blower(for comfortable street driving). good tune. and some really good brakes to stop that beast after u unleash it...