decided on plans for the winter build

truebluedroptop

Oct 12, 2006
well after having a rod bearing go out on my 94,000 mile 4.6 I've decided that my winter build is gonna consist of a forged rotating assembly, modular depot stage 2.5 heads, cams,p-51 intake and a nice shot of nitrous. All this along with a built tranny. how does this plan sound to you guys, This is my first mustang, I've done alot of research but if any of you guys have a better idea on heads or which cam to go with any advise would be appreciated.

Also to get this build going I have a brand new, still in the box vortech s-trim tuner kit. I have 2700 in the kit but I will let it go for 2400 and I will cover the shipping cost for you

• Sponsors (?)

cause a big shot of nitrous will snap the stock rods faster then boost will due to the instant horspower and torque. But after a call to Tim at modular depot I think he just changed my mind about the build, he told me with a forged rotating assembly and stock heads that I could make more power with it then I could using the set up above, so I guess I'll be keeping the blower and ditching the heads

cause a big shot of nitrous will snap the stock rods faster then boost will due to the instant horspower and torque. But after a call to Tim at modular depot I think he just changed my mind about the build, he told me with a forged rotating assembly and stock heads that I could make more power with it then I could using the set up above, so I guess I'll be keeping the blower and ditching the heads

exactly what i was going to say. Your heads are fine, new rotating assembly, cams, and that blower will be killer!