Detroit Area Mustang guys

• Sponsors (?)

gtrackd02 said:
Ok ok..
Hey dale you know anyone that can weld-up my torque boxes?
And mabye axle tubes..... :shrug:
(hint-hint)

Yeah, My car is going to be out of my garage for a few days soon while the roll cage gets painted. If you wanted to do it then I could get it done. It'll cost you about 100 bucks for both. Lemme know and Ill get it set up.

Dale Royster said:
Yeah, My car is going to be out of my garage for a few days soon while the roll cage gets painted. If you wanted to do it then I could get it done. It'll cost you about 100 bucks for both. Lemme know and Ill get it set up.

It would'nt take too long to do would it....
Cause basicly I'd have to drive over then wait , drive home...so
Well whatever, I just wanted to have it done, especialy with the new u&l ca's
And the fact that I'm gettin sticky tires soon...

So when is the car goin out? that way I can set it up with ya....
Ah, just let me know within the next couple of days...
Thanks...

Pony Crazy C.C. , northern detroit

Looking to get a club for stangs going. Are you obsessed with your stang? Does your signifcant other get tired of hearing about it? Do you eat, sleep, and s&%t stangs? Then why not start Pony Crazy with me. Its an oppurtinity to meet new stang lovers. Share knowledge, have cookouts. Set track days up to race. Go on weekend cruises. Hang out and eat, drink, and just enjoy your mustang.
Warm weathers here, and I'm new to the area and am ready to get the pony out and play. :banana:
Anyone interested can email me at [email protected] or just respond to this post.

85gt: 306, rpm intake, comp cams custom grind, bbk shorties, 600 holley, uderdrive pulleys, ported E7's, 3.73, flowmasters, h-pipe, msd ignition

shnikkles said:
gtracked02, How did you like the tune from Livernois? Did they get any power out of it? My mods are similar to yours but no tune.

thanks,
Jay

You know, I could'nt realy tell ya.. In had the headers put on and also upper n lower control arms too.. and the tune.. The power comes on ALOT smoother and stronger than it did before, but this could be from the headers though.... As far as the tune on the car.. The A/F ratio stays around
13:1 until about 3000rpms then drops to 12.4:1@3900rpms and stays there till 5000r'sthen drops to 12.3 and then 12flat @6000

That was probably not very clear...lol But It seems like a safe tune to me.. so yeah... I am not really good with the technical side of these cars.. So I cant really say..lol I just wanted the numbers....truthfully :shrug:

Whats up Detroit stangers, I just got a vortech V2 S-Trim and I want to have Livernois Motorsports do the install and to custom tune it. Does anyone have a rough idea of how much they might charge to do both of these things? I'm seein more and more stangs around everyday, I love the warm weather!

03stang26 said:
Whats up Detroit stangers, I just got a vortech V2 S-Trim and I want to have Livernois Motorsports do the install and to custom tune it. Does anyone have a rough idea of how much they might charge to do both of these things? I'm seein more and more stangs around everyday, I love the warm weather!

Not sure what they charge, but Ill do it cheaper. I think Im gonna have to open my own shop soon!

gtrackd02 said:
Ok I'll play the parts boy..... :D
I'm going to be the first offical customer..
I got some DR's today...... Man they're fun on the street! :nice:
Well they were fun untill it rained... :notnice:

Yeah I noticed that with mine pretty fast. First time I got them on my car I got all the way out to woodward and it started to just monsoon. It stunk. Im glad I didnt have the ET Streets on then, driving home from woodward at 25 mph would have really sucked.

Dale Royster said:
Yeah I noticed that with mine pretty fast. First time I got them on my car I got all the way out to woodward and it started to just monsoon. It stunk. Im glad I didnt have the ET Streets on then, driving home from woodward at 25 mph would have really sucked.

LoL, I went to Crapeer today(lapeer) And guess what? It sucked!!!!!!
The whole starting line was wet as hell!!!
From the burnout box to the line was wet...

But I got my best time yet, 13.766@103/w/ a 2.28 60 ft.. :notnice:
So I'll go back soon to get myself into the 13.5's or better...
Then it's time for a rebuild with some boost.....
(right)
But i gotta say, on the street, I felt like my car was going to break apart on the 1-2 shift with the DR's!!!! It was just mean.... Well as mean as 260 to the wheels can be..... :D

gtrackd02 said:
LoL, I went to Crapeer today(lapeer) And guess what? It sucked!!!!!!
The whole starting line was wet as hell!!!
From the burnout box to the line was wet...

But I got my best time yet, 13.766@103/w/ a 2.28 60 ft.. :notnice:
So I'll go back soon to get myself into the 13.5's or better...
Then it's time for a rebuild with some boost.....
(right)
But i gotta say, on the street, I felt like my car was going to break apart on the 1-2 shift with the DR's!!!! It was just mean.... Well as mean as 260 to the wheels can be..... :D

Nice! The blower was the first real mod I did to my car so all my times have been either bone stock, with my exhaust, then with the blower. But anyways, Ive finally made some progress. I got my seats in so I could figure out where to put the seatbelts in, I got the rear end back and its now in. I may have to call livernois and ask them if they can set up my upper control arms. They have me totally baffled, they are in, but they seem like they are crooked or something. The bushings on the top of the axle are really distorted, so I think I might have them too short. No idea! Oh well, at least its looking like a car again... Maybe sunday afternoon it will be driveable.

Na5.0HO said:
Headed to Milan today for opening day... hope to see other stangers there and not a load of rice. If anyone makes it down, look for my white '88 GT with my (NA88GT) License Plate..

Yeah I went down there today, Sorry I missed you...

I ran my new best time though...
13.54 103.30 W/1.900 60 foot... And i short shifted on that run...2-3 and 3-4 too
Next time I'm comin out of the hole at 4k to try and get the 60 ft into the low 1.8s or better .. today I was launching at 2500 until my last run... i launched at 3500...It just shot outta the hole too....i was really happy, but still think i can do better.... :nice:
Well I'll catch you guys around!!!

We'll have to come up with a better way to meet up next time, becuase I'd love to get together and chatt with some more fellow stangers...BTW, where the F*** did that rain come from!!! I paid 20 bucks to race and didn't get to run once!! Oh well, maybe next time :(

Na5.0HO said:
We'll have to come up with a better way to meet up next time, becuase I'd love to get together and chatt with some more fellow stangers...BTW, where the F*** did that rain come from!!! I paid 20 bucks to race and didn't get to run once!! Oh well, maybe next time :(

Yeah we got there early.. I got to go 4 times..
Only hit a small amount of rain on the way home..

I raced this guy in a newer eclipse with a vortech blower on it..
It ran a 14.28@96mph.. That was kinda impressive... I smoked him of course..lol
Yeah, I 'd like to meet up with some more guys from around.. so we should all just post up a couple of days in advance if we know we're goin...

Dale, get that car toghether!!!!!!! :D