Detroit Area Mustang guys

back up in Ann Arbor at school for the university. I had to wait for the summer semester to start working again. But i came in the middle of the pay week so that threw that first check off but now the weeks are rollling so it should not be too long.

• Sponsors (?)

gtrackd02 said:
lol, kind of a hike for me...but mabye
I am supposed to go to milan for the ihra races friday nite at 7:30
But I can't justify spending 30 or 40 buckss to watch some cars go down the track...
Especially when i wana be out driving mine!

Yeah Im not going to go. I went last year and had a good time on saturday, the top fuel cars rock. But Im really not all that interested in the track if Im not driving :p I think I had more fun walking the pits and looking at all the cars that were being worked on between rounds. Oh well. Come out to the dounut shop and hang out with us.

you guys hangin out this friday if the weathers right? I havent been on this thread in a while but was wonderin whats goin on with everyone. What time does everyone go down to this donut shop friday? I was thinking about maybe checking it out since I've never been to joy and telegraph on the weekend nights. Oh yea and where exactly is this donut shop?

306stroker said:
ok im thinking of making my car an automatic,it is a 93 notch, it has a t5 in it now, how much do you think it would cost to do a total convert to a powerglide? also i need a place that could do it any1 know?

How heavy is your car? You really dont wanna use a PG in anything that weighs much more then 2500 Pounds. Unless your car is completely gutted, for the cost of a custom convertor and bell housing, it might be better to run a C4! Your looking at Id say at least 1000 for a decent working glide, probably 700 or 800 Id guess for a convertor then 300 for a good shifter. Not to discourage you or anything! Ive got a powerglide sitting on my bench waiting to go in a car!

Ive decided to get rid of my cars guys. If Im out in it now it will probably have a for sale sign in it. With my house ready to collapse and bills caused by the car piling up I just can afford to keep it. If anyones interested in it, Im gonna advertise it a little bit but then Ill most likely put it on Ebay in a week or so. I hate to do it, Ive worked hard to finally get it but unless I win the lottery or Washington Mutual has a world wide computer crash, I cant keep it anymore.

yeah i talked to a buddy today and he told me his friend builds drag cars and he said a C4 would be alot better, and that if i buy a beefed up 1 his friend will put it in for me for real cheap and probally do it in the same day maybe 2. sorry to hear your selling your car dale i havent even got to see ya on the streets yet :( . where abouts you in dearborn heights i used to live off eton and tele.?

306stroker said:
yeah i talked to a buddy today and he told me his friend builds drag cars and he said a C4 would be alot better, and that if i buy a beefed up 1 his friend will put it in for me for real cheap and probally do it in the same day maybe 2. sorry to hear your selling your car dale i havent even got to see ya on the streets yet :( . where abouts you in dearborn heights i used to live off eton and tele.?

I live across from the church on Hass and Gulley. My car is blocked in with my dads corvette parts now heh. Im rebuilding the engine in it and it will hopefully be ready by the dream cruise!

shnikkles said:
Sad news Dale. Are you going to try and sell it as is?

Jay

Yeah, even tho its pretty heavily modded, I think its still worth more this way. All the work inside was professionally done and the cage is a work of art. Found out today that theres already a company that makes a tubular K-member for fox bodies set up for a Small block chevy so that will make my new project go alot smoother. Headers are gonna suck tho I bet heh. Oh well, least I wont have to pay 200 a month for insurance.