Did any of the Foxes come with metal clutch quadrants?

• Sponsors (?)

First check at the clutch fork and see if the cable is adjustable. The SVO quadrant came with a Ford adjustable cable (had it and really liked it).

If getting a FWA (because you have stock non-adjustable cable), I would go with a Fiore FWA.

Good luck.

if you end up getting one....do what hissin said and get the fiore. ive got one and its awesome. theres no little jam nut to deal with or tiny little set screws to tighten. it just clicks and holds in place. never had a problem at all

79-81 mustangs do not have a clutch quadrant, they have a straight metal bar with a pin on the side of it where the quadrant would be on an 82+ stang. The cable connects to this pin and the cable comes with a firewall adjuster and is only $25. This doesn't help you in any way its just an FYI since most people have no idea about this.

Im kind of supprised people dont convert to the 79-81 style, cheaper cable with an adjuster, petal efforts not increased much. The only down downfall is its not self adjusting.

blue302stang said:
The upr firewall adjuster is exactly like the fiore one, which is the reason i went with it.
I dont think I would say this. They do both use the same method of function however.