Dip stick blowing oil

Hey guys whats up? I got a problem lately with crankcase pressure, Ive replaced the PCV VALVE, and hose from NAPA, and when I rev going on an on ramp to the freeway or just get on it , the dipstick blows out about 1/4 inch and it pukes oil all over the headers, and sprays on the master cylinder et.. Its like the PCV VALVE is too small or something. QUESTION: should I get a bigger PCV VALVE, and hose off of some truck application? Is a PCV valve off a Cobra different? Could a clogged oil filter have something to do with this? How about clogged oil galleries? What else should I be checking?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Excessive crankcase pressure, could be from a couple different things, one a clogged pcv valve or a crappy pcv valve (ford motor one only) The pep boys or craigen ones are crappy; or 2. you changed your heads and have not put a breather on yet. I know some will say you dont need a breather however in my experience I have needed one on both of my stangs that I changed heads on. Just get a oil fill breather plug and you'll be good to go.

Good stuff above. One more real simple one: Did you replace the 'breather' element under the PCV valve and grommet? If not and it's clogged, a sewer pipe PCV valve would not help.

A couple of closed breathers has worked for some folks whom couldnt make the PCV work. Breathers are not as efficient but better than blowing oil out the dipstick or past the RMS.

Good luck.

Ok,I do have a breather( chrome for looks only) on the valve cover but I closed it shut a long time ago to keep the PCV system sealed like originally designed. I also notice quite a big plume of smoke when I hammer it, I noticed that on the hiway yesterday, so do you guys suggest having an open breather element on the valve cover? Would that help till I get an original FORD PCV valve, and a bigger hose too? I dont have access to an air source or the gages to do a leak down test, due to me being away from the shop cause of my amputated finger, those dicks wont even let me in the shop due to all the litigation going on :mad: Also there currently is no screen under the PCV valve to clog.

Hmm, the mesh screen ('breather') acts kind of like a baffle in that it's the last thing to knock oil down before it gets sucked into the intake.

If you can, I'd spend the 3 bucks on one and see if it helps.

Otherwise I might just run a breather for now (it's might be the best, easiest temporary solution).

Good luck.

Well I went ahead and opened up the chrome breather on the valve cover and plugged the vacuum ports on the air intake and the little one on the oil filler neck and so far it seems to be working better,I took it down the hiway and hit it hard and a lot less oil came out of the tails, but I do have some brillo type mesh screen Im going to rigg under the PCV valve too. I think a compression test is in order also just to see what kind of pressure shes got. Thanks for the suggestions guys:flag:

I'm not sure if you meant that you have the correct mesh filter or not. If not, I would not stuff any brillo-pad type material into the lower intake. You really want a self contained unit in there (like the OEM one is). The parts stores sell them (called a breather in their computer) for a couple bucks.

Good luck.