Do you think I can hit 300rwhp N/A?

Green&GoldGT

Aug 1, 2005
Virginia
This is my goal before the end of the summer. I'm not going to touch the heads. After I had my cams installed my numbers were 265/285 with a MAC CAI, flowmasters, O/R H, and the XCal 2 tune. I replaced the CAI with a JLT budget kit which makes it a "ram air" now since the MAC makes the A/F rich at 4000 rpm and above. I've also added Granatelli's new plenum. I'm going to get my Hooker longtubes and X-pipe installed, which will help alot.

Now after that I'm debating on getting some more mods to hit my goal. A 75mm TB, pulleys, Canton windage tray, COP connectors, a LMAF, and the JLT kit from the MAF to TB. I know I'll need a tune but which mods are worthless for my goal? Is 300 possible?

• Sponsors (?)

here are my buddies results with comp 262's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this post contributes to what can be achieved with these cams...

First of the car is a 2001 w/ 80k Miles...

Full Mods: PA Racing K-Member, 90/10s, Moto Pullies, K&N FIPK, Accufab Plenum & 75 MM TB, Comp Cams 262, Hedman LT, UPR X, SLP PowerFlo CB, MGW Shifter, 373s, NittoDrag 315 on 17/10.5, Raptor Shift Light, Dyno Tuned by Edwin... @ Sanoli Performance...

Dyno Numbers: Prior to tune SCT tune: 284hp @ 5300 / 310tq @ 4150
after tune: 302hp @ 5550 / 317tq @ 4150

E.T.'s 12.7-12.9 all nite long!

most recent ET 12.6 on slicks and skinnies

windage tray is pointless(unless u are gonna build the engine),lmaf is no better than the stock maf,supercharged its a different story.

Longtubes will help but 300rwhp is a pretty hard to hit.Most usually miss it.

If trying to go fast at the track ,try to lighten up the car.Most peaple forget that the sn95's are pigs.

I read a MM&FF tech article online where they were modding a stock GT. I know their numbers are often elevated, but they added a C&L 80mm mass air meter and gained 8 hp. The car was stock with just a K&N filter and ud pulleys. Being that cams demand more air in, is it worth it to buy one. If yes, then what size considering they put a 80mm MAF in a stock car.

I read a MM&FF tech article online where they were modding a stock GT. I know their numbers are often elevated, but they added a C&L 80mm mass air meter and gained 8 hp. The car was stock with just a K&N filter and ud pulleys. Being that cams demand more air in, is it worth it to buy one. If yes, then what size considering they put a 80mm MAF in a stock car.

Stock is either a 80mm or 85mm depending on your year.

DOnt invest a lot of thought on mm&ff articles.Unless u go poweradder a maf is NOT needed.