Does Anyone Carry a Fire Extinguisher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PULMEOVR

I need a bigger E-Penis.
Sep 29, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone carries a small fire extinguisher in their car? I've been thinking about getting one, just in case. Does anyone have any pics or recommendations on a certain type, or this idea in general?

Matt

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I don't mean something that is mounted to my c pillar or something. Just something I can shove under the passenger seat or somewhere inconspicuous. This isn't something to show off.

I agree on the rice aspect if it's strapped to anything visible.

I wasn't going to post cuz i thought i didn't, but then i remembered i have a standard red 1/2 size fire extinguisher in my trunk always. But it's not ABC, lol - it doesn't cover electrical fire requirements. But i got it for free from work, so i put it in there just in case. I hope i remember it's in there if my engine's on fire:eek:

More and more I just think you're a retard and have nothing helpful to add.

To the Op. they make mini extinguishers that you could mount near invisible in front of your pass seat. If you're worried about it, definately get one. I carried one in my 67 all the time and 2 times it came in handy. On my 4.6 I don't carry one, but I might after I move to England because I don't trust my wiring skills (have to modify all the lights and such). IMO you shouldn't need one on a newer motor, but if you want one they do make the small ones.

Yes, I have one in my trunk under the mat resting next to the spare tire. I got it from Walmart for $10. Its not huge, but it may be just enough to extinguish the beginning stage of a blaze.

I dont understand how a little bit of protection is rice. But if you want to call it that way, cool. If your car burns down and it could have been prevented by having one maybe you will change your opinions... :shrug:

Not to mention if you see someone elses car on fire its always a great deed to stop and offer them assistance if you have an extinguisher (assuming the whole thing isnt ablaze).

I only got mine after I thought my car was on fire once. Luckily, it wasnt, and if the part that had the issue was on fire, it probaly would have just melted and burned itself out.

I love these idiots that are calling a safety measure rice. Hopefully you'll never need one in a pinch. Or maybe you'll get lucky and some ricer will pull up and keep your car from burning to the ground for you.

Now, if you mount it up on the pillar, then yea, rice, other than that, give me a break.

More and more I just think you're a retard and have nothing helpful to add.

Yeah, I am Retarded for thinking having a fire extinguisher in a street car is LAME.

"Ohh No!!! My Turbo Caught Fire under My Hood, Let me Unstrap my Fire extinguisher from My C-Pillar and Put it Out"

If You have One of these in your car Your a Defiantly a Ricer.

race_seat.jpg

"So why Do You Think having a fire extinguisher in the Car is Ricer Mr. SRT Handz?"

Gald you ask!! Because Real Race cars have Fire suppressant Systems that put out any fire at the flip of a switch.... not some little BS ricer fire extinguisher.

If its in the truck thats a different story.

Yeah, I am Retarded for thinking having a fire extinguisher in a street car is LAME.

"Ohh No!!! My Turbo Caught Fire under My Hood, Let me Unstrap my Fire extinguisher from My C-Pillar and Put it Out"

race_seat.jpg

"So why Do You Think having a fire extinguisher in the Car is Ricer Mr. SRT Handz?"

Gald you ask!! Because Real Race cars have Fire suppressant Systems that put out any fire at the flip of a switch.... not some little BS ricer fire extinguisher.

wow, you're real intelligent.

Yes, I have one in my trunk under the mat resting next to the spare tire. I got it from Walmart for $10. Its not huge, but it may be just enough to extinguish the beginning stage of a blaze.

I dont understand how a little bit of protection is rice. But if you want to call it that way, cool. If your car burns down and it could have been prevented by having one maybe you will change your opinions...

Not to mention if you see someone elses car on fire its always a great deed to stop and offer them assistance if you have an extinguisher (assuming the whole thing isnt ablaze).

I only got mine after I thought my car was on fire once. Luckily, it wasnt, and if the part that had the issue was on fire, it probaly would have just melted and burned itself out.

well put.:nice:

I guess SRThandz has never been around a car after a nitrous backfire... And he's the ricer that wants a "built" B series honda rofl... (K ftw btw).

Fire extinguisher is a must in any FI/nitrous car/high performance application IMO. A small fire can turn into a big one fast, and it's better to be safe than sorry.

race_seat.jpg

:scratch:

Are you serious man?

For all the time, money, and effort you put into your car im suprised you are bashing the idea so hard.

No one is saying to mount it on the C-pillar, no one is saying they have one mounted on the C-pillar, or any other place that just LOOKS like someone is trying to be rice about it. But hey, even if it is strapped to someones C-pillar its still a fire extinguisher, it still serves a purpose.

I guess you are saying we are all lame because we dont have fire supression sytems in our cars... and because we all cant afford that we just want a little peice of mind from a fire extinguisher...:shrug:

Could you explain the last part though? What I get out of it is that you are saying its ok and non-ricer to keep a small extinguisher in a truck, but not a Mustang or any other sort of performance car? I definatly dont understand the logic behind that.

Thats kind of like saying "before you bag her, sheith your daggar... unless its your sister"... It just doesnt make sense.

I have one in a tool box that I keep in the trunk, along with other roadside safety items that might come in handy if a situation pops up. Nothing wrong with having items that will either help you or another motorist in trouble.

I dont understand how a little bit of protection is rice. But if you want to call it that way, cool. If your car burns down and it could have been prevented by having one maybe you will change your opinions... :shrug:

:nice:

Status
Not open for further replies.