Does Stangnet hate NPI's more than Ricers and Camaros?

• Sponsors (?)

Hell no, great looking cars and with PI swap make same or more power than new edge:flag:

just im my situation i bought the NPI cuz it was what i could afford, and now im in college and it'd be irresponsible to spend $ on heads, and cams + labor. Might be the case for many.

A lil trivia: 99+'s body hood up is directly taken from the 94-96, and when it came out many viewed it as a shoe box w/ a dome on it.

just im my situation i bought the NPI cuz it was what i could afford, and now im in college and it'd be irresponsible to spend $ on heads, and cams + labor. Might be the case for many.

Good thing I don't take responsibility into account more often, otherwise i wouldn't have a supercharger. :D But i know where your coming from, i scraped by through most of college with no money for my car, finally had some together by last april. Luckily (and probably irresponsibly) the mod bug for the car and a nice cash flow coincided. As for upgrading, if your patient and can do the work yourself, it shouldn't be too expensive.

I think of fast and well put together cars as the best, regardless of the badging. One of my friends has a very clean civic that might run 15's on a good day. But he takes a lot of pride in it and he's done A LOT of extensive work and i respect that. If you keep your car clean and tasteful, thats good in my book :nice:

I must say, I get a fair amount of love from the new edge and 05+ stangers at events, so I can't complain around here. I think most of the ill will towards SN95s, have to do with the hp numbers and that if they didn't have the 3.27 optional gear, that the new edge stangs got stock, they just "felt" slow, not cool in anyone's book. Also going from the light torque happy squared fox, the new rounded SN95s did take a while for people to catch on to.

I have an 03, but I used to have a 96 gt & then a 97 cobra. i love that body style, i just wanted my Stang to be fast & I didnt want to spend all that money on headswaps & all the other crap only to be as fast as a 99-04 GT. So I bought the Cobra, but i ended up gettin rid of that because it was too abused b4 i had it. So when i bought my next Stang I figured it was time 4 a new body style or it didnt really feel like I was getting anything different. I loved my 97 Cobra, & one day im gonna get another one, but this time it will be a 98 Chrome Yellow coupe....Sorry for the life story...LOL

I must say, I get a fair amount of love from the new edge and 05+ stangers at events, so I can't complain around here. I think most of the ill will towards SN95s, have to do with the hp numbers and that if they didn't have the 3.27 optional gear, that the new edge stangs got stock, they just "felt" slow, not cool in anyone's book. Also going from the light torque happy squared fox, the new rounded SN95s did take a while for people to catch on to.

oh, at meets i get plenty of respect. It's just sometimes on the 4.6forum i feel like the ugly cousin

Mine? Your car is my desktop wallpaper! Lol, your mach is my fav. I hope i see you too man, yeah I'll be there. Your going to the ca-mustangs spot 1st correct? Name's Chris BTW

Thanks....Good to meet u....Dustin BTW...:D your car makes me miss my SN95. Im meeting up here in sac, heading out @ 8:00 & then meeting up in Concord @ 9:30. After that, im not sure, but ill be @ the gallop. im not sure if its Ca-Mustangs or Cafords, but i go on Cafords more often. PM me if u want 2 exchange numbers

I dont care....SN95's look better than new edge cars.

I disagree. I think both look just as good. I like them both equally, looks wise, but I like the performance of new edge cars better. I used to like SN95's better b4 I got a new edge. When I bought the mach, i didnt want to trade in the 97 Cobra, but sell it instead. So i had them both for a month or so. I wanted to keep them both, but it wasnt possible. @ 1st, I kinda regreted buying the Mach when i looked at it bonestock next to my modded SN95, but when everything got transfered to the Mach & the Cobra returned to stock, i knew I made the right decision.

But I still miss her when i look @ these pics:hail2:

Picture126-2.jpg

Picture124-2.jpg

Picture120-2.jpg