Don't You Love It When You Go To A Junk Yard And........

• Sponsors (?)

LMAO at the west coast boy that never heard of a chigger!!!
Actually,..he's probably laughing at all of the ones that KNOW what they are..Most people that know what a chigger is have had their ass torn up by them..

Then they learn about calamine lotion, and the alternative uses for fingernail polish.

Reactions: 1 users
In southeast Texas where I am originally from, we call them redbugs...

Yup. My grandmother put me in the tub when I got them as a little kid and poured a few ounces of pine-sol in the bath water.. apparently that's how they did it before the war...

Good point. WTF is a "chigger"?

Chiggers AKA Redbugs are like noseeums but they do not fly. Fire Ants have made a huge dent in the redbug populations and almost wiped out ticks (in some places). Been junkyarding for more than 40 years and I got to tell ya, those Pick Your Part places are very civilized compared to the old school places in the weeds and sticks I grew up frequenting. Love them both but as I get older, that huge gravel area with stands under every vehicle does have it's appeal!

First post after 10 years of lurking!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Chiggers AKA Redbugs are like noseeums but they do not fly. Fire Ants have made a huge dent in the redbug populations a almost whipped out ticks (in some places). Been junkyarding for more than 40 years and I got to tell ya, those Pick Your Part places are very civilized compared to the old school places in the weeds and sticks I grew up frequenting. Love them both but as I get older, that huge gravel area with stands under every vehicle does have it's appeal!

Welcome to Stangnet!

Chiggers AKA Redbugs are like noseeums but they do not fly. Fire Ants have made a huge dent in the redbug populations and almost wiped out ticks (in some places). Been junkyarding for more than 40 years and I got to tell ya, those Pick Your Part places are very civilized compared to the old school places in the weeds and sticks I grew up frequenting. Love them both but as I get older, that huge gravel area with stands under every vehicle does have it's appeal!

Soon...

You will come to know the TRUE power of the dark side.
7817_fight1.gif