door lock problem

92 LX

Nov 10, 2004
Guys,
I've got a '92. The pass door lock outside failed a while ago, (key won't turn). Now, the pwr lock won't unlock the door, and the inside handle won't unlock/open the door either. When I pull on the inside handle, the lock button raises just a hair but that's it. I can't get the d*** door open. Something's gotta be jammed. The pwr window works. If I can get a slim jim, is the lock rod on the inside of the glass or the outside. I seem to remember it's on the inside. Have any of you guys experienced this prob. before? Any ideas? The Actuator?

Thanks,
Greg
(Grateful it's not the driver's door!)

• Sponsors (?)

Follow this link to fix your door lock actuator problems http://bellsouthpwp.net/l/r/lrichker/Mustang_tech/door_actuator_fix/1_of_8_door_actuator.htm

Stuck with door lock actuators that don't work and don't want to pay the $50+ for a new one? Tried the junkyard ones and found that they last six months and freeze up?

A new actuator for less than $5. Fix one side for $18, do both sides for only $25. I don't sell parts, I don’t make any money off of the upgrade, I just tell you how to do it cheaply and easily.

Here’s a picture of the new actuator installed:

actuator_install_in_door.jpg

It is the door lock actuator.I just replaced both on my 93 coupe .It is not hard to do just takes a little time.Get you some more of the pins that hold the door panel on.Got my actuators free from a friend of mine.Ford charges too much for the plastic door snaps or pins.Saw them on Ebay cheaper.

Gear shift boot bezel.

How do you remove the square panel around the gear shift boot of a 1993 coupe lx.I think it just snaps in but dont want to break it.I have a pro 50 I want to put in.Shifter no problem,panel scares me.:dead:

old thread i know but i have the same problem. the power act went out. the door is stuck locked. the inside handle will not unluck it. the key won't turn. i tried pulling the door lock pin and it came completely off w/ the rod. :mad: i tried spraying a lube into the door lock to loosen it that didn help either .so if the key won't turn, the inside handle won't open it what next? so i'm stuck any ideas???/

old thread i know but i have the same problem. the power act went out. the door is stuck locked. the inside handle will not unluck it. the key won't turn. i tried pulling the door lock pin and it came completely off w/ the rod. :mad: i tried spraying a lube into the door lock to loosen it that didn help either .so if the key won't turn, the inside handle won't open it what next? so i'm stuck any ideas???/

remove the seat so you can get the door panell off