Drag slick preasure

• Sponsors (?)

experiment and make sure you have an accurate tire pressure gauge,i run 9.5-10.0 psi in my et streets(27x10.50x15)and sit in the burnout out box for a couple seconds and then let the car roll out under full throttle until i start to feel the tires grab-this is what works best for me this year as i finally am getting some low 1.6's 60 ft. times with a 3200lb LX

I have a digital tire gauge and that should be accurate. I've tried as low as 12psi and they still seem to spin quite a bit. I usually do about a 10sec burnout release the line-loc and let them spin out of the waterbox until they grab. I'm also launching at around 4000rpm, because my stang is carburated anything less than 4000 and the car boggs out off the line.

I have the exact same slicks and it seems that around 14 psi works for me. Even on a 5500 rpm full nitrous launch I get only a little spin for the first 4 feet or so. My burnout is 5-10 seconds and driving out under power to make sure I'm completely clear of the water. I've gotten as low as a 1.78 with this technique. I try not to dead hook cause I'm still on factory rear end and tranny. What gear do you do your burnout in Jim?

Do some experimenting, usually the bigger the slick the less pressure, I've used from 5-18 psi, depending on the slick. With a standard usually 2nd gear is sufficient, with an auto you should start in low and shift up, to prevent damage. With your slick I'd start with 8 psi and add air until your 60 foot drops off, try and run as much psi as your 60ft. will stand.