Dual Diaphram Booster for 70 with factory Power Brakes?

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by callys, Apr 16, 2013.

  1. I posted this on vintage mustang forums as well and didn't get an answer...

    My understanding is the 70 Mustang has a different input coming off the brake pedal (tear drop?) I am looking for a dual diaphragm booster to replace my factory single.

    I see generics on ebay - no idea if they will fit, it would be nice if a later ford unit would fit.

    Thanks everyone for any info
  2. i put a factory booster out of my 69 into a 70 fastback didnt see a difference
    it bolted right in a worked as it should have. never used any other booster than the factory booster so cant help you there
  3. It's not the input/booster that is different. What is different is the pedal rod and where it connects on the pedal. The earlier years (and manual brake cars) have a "bent" rod and it connects higher up on the brake pedal. The '70 has a straight rod which connects lower on the pedal to make up for the lack of bend. Mustang Steve's website has a few pics, showing the pedal. http://www.mustangsteve.com/fyi_brakepedals/msFAQbrakepedals.html