Dual exhaust Break line interference Problem

94 3.8l stang

Apr 20, 2004
Bismarck, ND
As you can see by my name, i have a 94 V6 mustang. I have it down at the shop to get dual exhaust on it, which the guys there didn't think it would be a problem. Well, the break line on my 1994 mustang runs right through where my exhaust is suppose to run on the passenger side... He said he wouldn't do it because of this interference for safety and insurance reasons. I understanding exactly where he's coming from there. He didn't know if there was any way of putting a longer break line on there to reroute it, or is there some way of relocating that break line so it wouldn't be so near the passenger side pipe. Is there some kit for relocating out there?? or am i SOL since i got the 94 V6??? I would greatly appreciate any input anyone would have. kind of a rush on time since they have other cars waiting while mines in the bay.

• Sponsors (?)

I went and got my car from there shop. I rebent my breakline and reran it myself tonight. just had to make a quick bracket for it. I know the guys that are doin it, and they do really good work and lifetime warranty it. It was just a pain in the ass to get the car up on stands in my garrage and move that line, i am going to give them hell tomorrow for it. Thanks for the input though.

i had a problem with that on my car, it was the "flex line" brake line that comes from the axel, well the tailpipe ended up wareing through it after about a year and half. so i just replaced it and prolly gonna be fine for few more years

did you mention to him that the v8 mustang has the EXACT same brake line routes and fuel line routes and yet.... they have dual exhaust identical to the driver side of teh v6 on both sides, loops up over the axle.... just buy a gt take off kit and pace setter adapter and have a stop fab it together.

did you mention to him that the v8 mustang has the EXACT same brake line routes and fuel line routes and yet.... they have dual exhaust identical to the driver side of teh v6 on both sides, loops up over the axle.... just buy a gt take off kit and pace setter adapter and have a stop fab it together.

Well i got it done finally. I went and got my car after i dropped it off again and told him he was full of s***. I know i moved that break line enough when i rerouted it. it wouldn't even come close. So i took it to another shop that a friend recommended to me. The guy there said no problem and that the original guy i took it to was full of it too. After he put it on, he said he would have moved the break line if needed but said where i put it, I had 6 inches clearence and no problem with it ever interfering!!!. I am so glad its finally done. Sounds really nice, I got two 18 inch glass packs, has a nice low rumble to it. :nice: