Too late for me Scott.......you ok man?

Yeah, Dave, I'm ok. These drivers around here made me reflect on some stuff dealing with accidents and fatalities. Having a badge around your neck comes with alot of responsibility... like not beating up idiots for causing accidents. Just wish people could drive like they have sense....atleast when other people are driving near them.

• Sponsors (?)

Last night I accomplished an eye ball alignment on the car. It was toed in way too far. Didn't have a string long enough so I just went by sight. On my first test drive the steering wheel was pretty straight... I'm satisfied until the alignment appointment.

Today I did a few driving data logs. Needs a little help. Drives well though.

Good thing I had my eleven year old as a co- pilot.

View: https://youtu.be/L1XM8iyrztM

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
This car keeps improving. Drove it a bit further today. Still a little lean in some areas so I'm keeping it conservative.

Over the winter I plan on tearing it down and making it look good. I've been thinking about Scott Rod rivet in panels in a brushed aluminum. I want to move the battery to the trunk. I think I'm going to get rid of the drilled and slotted cobra rotors. Still need to get good weatherstrip. The door to body seal is a little too thick. There are a bunch of dings... and we can't forget side skirts.

Last edited:
This car keeps improving. Drove it a bit further today. Still a little lean in some areas so I'm keeping it conservative.

Over the winter I plan on tearing it down and making it look good. I've been thinking about Scott Rod rivet in panels in a brushed aluminum. I want to move the battery to the trunk. I think I'm going to get rid of the drilled and slotted cobra rotors. Still need to get good weatherstrip. The door to body seal is a little too thick. There are a bunch of dings... and we can't forget side skirts.

This in itself sounds like a year's worth of work to me.

• Agree
This in itself sounds like a year's worth of work to me.

I hope it doesn't take another year....I hope. Once I know the car is good to drive I'll move a lot quicker with the rest of the build. It's hard to stay motivated on a vehicle you can't confidently drive.

• Agree
Wow... all I can say is WOWZA !!!!!!!!

Dusty is really showing off. The car feels great. It drives 1000 times better than it did previously.

I did around a corner and rolled into the throttle.... it hooked and pulled like crazy. No tire spin felt at all. It just shat and gat.

Steve, has been working his magic. This was the best and longest drive so far. I'll get some video soon. My oldest aunt passed away and the funeral is friday. Might not get a bunch done this weekend. Also, have friends coming in town saturday to sunday. Maybe I can talk them into being cameramen....

Reactions: 2 users
Almost forgot... came across this and thought it might look good covering up the three little holes in the wing where the emblem used to be...

20181004_191919.jpg

More and more boost. I'll settle this thing out at 7psi....seeing a tad over 5 now...

1538844868886.png

The car is feeling pretty good. So far, everything is holding together really well. Still need to install a check valve. Vacuum comes up to about 22hg during driving so I may not need a vacuum pump after all. I'm going to replace the 98 master cylinder with a 93 cobra one over the winter. That is the known weak point in my brake set up. The front cobra calipers are bigger than the 98 calipers up front. That may be causing the slightly harder pedal. Vacuum pump might have ended up being an expensive band aid.

Wired up the 26 pin for the mspnp2. This means the computer will now control the high and low speed fans. The switch will stay under the column for emergency cases... just in case I have to manually switch the fans. The circuit is triggering the ground side of the relay so there should be no problem patching the computer into the mix.

The AC idle up circuit will also be hooked up.

Last but not least.... the knock sensor is going in and getting hooked up to the Ms. The knock sensor comes factory on the 95 5.0 f150. If nothing else I'll be able to listen to the engine through an ear piece. ( not that I'll particularly know what the heck im hearing ). The frequency should be pretty close. Just want to log the harmonics off the block so if it's getting ready to split I may no on advance... or can listen to it over and over while I sit in a corner and cry.

@a91what do you think the tune is safe enough to see 7psi ? It feels good... but you are the man and I know it's not done yet.

Steve has been awesome with this thing. He still needs me to give him a longer datalog. With the ability to drive a further distance will also give him the ability to hack my computer and do his wizardry.

The MS2 does a bunch.... but if I would've know I surely would've bought the Pimp or MS3. Coil on plug, true sequential injection, individual cylinder tuning, and traction control ( spin control through abs sensors ) would be great ! The cost difference isn't that much for what you get.

20181008_202626.jpg

My fans are now wired into the MS. The high speed cuts on at 200 and off at 190, the low speed cuts on at 170 and off at 160. My car usually runs at about 203- 207. The thermostat is a 192°.

The only downfall is my fat @#$ tore my brand new drivers side door weather strip. The passenger side hasn't been replaced yet. Good thing we have a weather strip comparison about to happen. Might just order the ones from Ford.

The good thing about wiring the fans is that I already had wires run to outside the car behind the strut tower. It's a PITA to remove the fender and fish wires through a grommet. Good thing I ran extra wire the last time. I still have one empty wire left. :nice:

My fans are now wired into the MS. The high speed cuts on at 200 and off at 190, the low speed cuts on at 170 and off at 160. My car usually runs at about 203- 207. The thermostat is a 192°.

The only downfall is my fat @#$ tore my brand new drivers side door weather strip. The passenger side hasn't been replaced yet. Good thing we have a weather strip comparison about to happen. Might just order the ones from Ford.

The good thing about wiring the fans is that I already had wires run to outside the car behind the strut tower. It's a PITA to remove the fender and fish wires through a grommet. Good thing I ran extra wire the last time. I still have one empty wire left. :nice:
So the ms fires a relay or set of relays to run the fans? Just making sure your not grounding the fans through the MS.

Reactions: 1 user
@a91what Yes, the MS triggers two different relays. Thanks for checking. Glad you're keepin' an eye on me. Ive been known to do dumb ish sometimes. Lol

Last edited:
Data logged the car today. Turned the bosy up a little. Shoulve mem around 7psi.... but nope. Only saw 112kpa. That's way down from the last log. I must be loosing boost somewhere, probably the fact that I have no check valve on the pcv.

Something happened different. Ther ties broke loose today in a second gear pull. Felt awesome !!!.

Gotta check and see if I blew off a hose or sumthin'...

20181013_153714.jpg

20181013_153746.jpg

Back in the garage it goes. No loose hoses.... I'll figure it out.

So today, I went and read this entire thread. Some thoughts:
Do you live in a rain forest? I've lurked on a bunch of boards thru a whole metric ton of car builds and combined they don't have as much rain as you do!
:shrug:

I love the front bumper conversion and the spoiler! I know you didn't plan it that way, but I know sometimes when I have to fix a thing or redo it, I do it better.
I like the way you try to use factory parts and not hack up the wiring etc. I probably should have done more like that....although I am wiring in a late model fuse box to get rid of the fusible links on my 85. But I am cutting out a lot of the factory stuff and replacing with weatherpack.

I really like this build!