Edelbrock RPMII or TFS Track Heat????

erniet17

Oct 4, 2005
What's going on everyone? I have a brand new RPMII with a 70mm TB and a used Track Heat with a 75mm TB. What would be the best intake for my setup? I currently have a stock bottom end with a custom cam that doesn't open up till about 3000 RPMs, 19lb injectors, 77mm Pro-M, pulleys, GT40 tubular intake with 70mm TB and 3.73 gears. I heard that the Edelbrock is good for high revs and the TFS for lower. Again, what would be the best intake to slap on?
Thanks for your input.

• Sponsors (?)

.Again, what would be the best intake to slap on?
Thanks for your input.

best one i found in the 4 yrs i owned my 89 was the typhoon by professional products, its cheap, easy to port match, and basicalyl the same as an edelbrock performer. by the time you get done tweakin that PP intake youve spent the same on a stock edelbrock lol. to each his own:nice:

well he's askin about the performer II not the regular performer which I do not believe PP makes a "copy" of. I looked at both and decided on the performer II which I think would be ideal for you due to your camshaft. but again for me matter of opinion........

Thanks. Yeah I think I might have to change injectors soon although I do have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I am going to get the car tuned once I install the intake. I don't expect to do much more for now. Maybe a little nitrous down the road.

i was going to use an edelbrock rpm2 on a stock bottom end setup with TFS TW's and ed curtis recommended milling the heads for 10:1 compression because of that intake, its a very aggressive intake.

The rpm II is a nice piece.
Injectors are really a requirement not an option for that setup.
Tuning with 19's will just waste money.

this is like asking what's the best cam or exhaust for my car. I can offer my personal experience with an RPM II which I am running on a 347 and a TFS that I used to run, both with a TFS 2 cam. the RPM II pulls like a freight train right up to a 6500 redline but is soft on the bottom end. I ran a TFS TH until I got serious about racing the car. The TFS was great for the street because the bottem end was strong and didn't require 5k clutch drops to get my 60' times down but would only pull hard to about 5500. My advice is to be totally honest with yourself about what you want to do with the car and choose accordingly. They are both great intakes in the correct application. As far as matching up to a cammed 302 that comes on at 3k I have no experience and defer to others.

Either intake will tax your 19# injectors with your cam