Emblems under paint........

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Has anyone ever thought of putting the 5.0 emblem and the ford blue oval logo under the clear coat? I DO NOT mean the actual emblems themselves, but having them professionally painted on the base coat before the clear is sprayed, I'd love to do mine this way but don't know if it could be done and it look right, furthermore where to start to find someone to do it.

• Sponsors (?)

I knew a guy in ohio that had his emblems air brushed on.. from a distance they looked pretty good, but kinda fuzzy up close. as long as you have a good painter do it, i dont see why it wouldnt look good. the only problem i would see is if you ever got tired of them and you would have to get the fenders repainted to remove them

it could be done for sure, but its not worth it IMO. Basically you'd usually want them to paint them "realistically" which begs the question, why not just use real emblems.

I guess its kinda a wow factor, but it makes no sense on a fox, where there is soo many things basically tacked on to the body anyway

its an idea for "smoothed" out cars, namely hotrods i guess

thats my $.02

I've thought about doing that, having something small painted in place of the 5.0 emblem. I though about "306", but it probably won't always have a 306 in it. Sometimes I think emblems can look gawky and they hold dirt, wax, salt, etc in their groves and they snag your wash rag. I think mine will remain emblem-less, very clean looking and when people ask I just say "No...its a 4 cylinder...see...no 5.0 emblem" :)

it could be done for sure, but its not worth it IMO. Basically you'd usually want them to paint them "realistically" which begs the question, why not just use real emblems.

I guess its kinda a wow factor, but it makes no sense on a fox, where there is soo many things basically tacked on to the body anyway

its an idea for "smoothed" out cars, namely hotrods i guess

thats my $.02

hey man, you used pieces from a half ton dodge truck right. where did you get the decimal point, and better yet, did you go order the individual ketters from your dodge dealership or just get the entire badging. this has been bugging me for a while

hey man, you used pieces from a half ton dodge truck right. where did you get the decimal point, and better yet, did you go order the individual ketters from your dodge dealership or just get the entire badging. this has been bugging me for a while

haha yep thats me. I currently have no emblems there, but i actually made the point from other letters. bought them from ebay originally. I bought a "1500" from one guy and a "2500" from another and used just 2 5's and 2 0's outta it all.

PM me if you want to do it, or the ones i made are for sale. Ill give you info and pics

Everytime somebody has a different idea about things. Everybody says no thats gay. Its a waste. Its like man, god damn we can't all do the same thing. I think that would be different and sweet. I don't see how it would be that hard. Just make a template or something and just paint it on. Im sure somebody could do it. And for not as much as you think either. Everybody on here is trying to make everybody do the same thing. Its like i want make those '86 "GT" moldings fit on my 91 cause it would look sick with my car. "Nope its gay" "Waste of money and time" well i dont want mine to be the same as every other fox. I would of just left it factory if i wanted it to blend in.

Everytime somebody has a different idea about things. Everybody says no thats gay. Its a waste. Its like man, god damn we can't all do the same thing. I think that would be different and sweet. I don't see how it would be that hard. Just make a template or something and just paint it on. Im sure somebody could do it. And for not as much as you think either. Everybody on here is trying to make everybody do the same thing. Its like i want make those '86 "GT" moldings fit on my 91 cause it would look sick with my car. "Nope its gay" "Waste of money and time" well i dont want mine to be the same as every other fox. I would of just left it factory if i wanted it to blend in.

Amen brotha

This is coming from the guy who wanted to put NOS in his trunk just for looks! :rlaugh:

Haha im just kidding.

But I think it would be a pretty good idea, would look cool, I agree exactly with what iwashmycar said though, wouldnt be worth it on our cars, and if you want it to be realistic then mine as well buy emblems, BUT it would look cool.

I got to thinking with this thread what if you painted the emblems the same color as the car, atleast the 5.0 badges, it would look like nothing was there, but when you looked up close the 5.0 is like pop out. Eh thats just my idea, im more of the badgeless kinda guy.

NOS looks sweet. My cars a street car, its a little dangerous using NOS when your not on the track. I'd do the painted on emblems. But i got Red and chrome 5.0 emblems so it already matches my car.

if they came out with cooler 5.0 emblems instead of just tacking on "high output" and "high performance" to the old style emblems that would be cool. im kinda baffled that for all the **** thats out there for our cars, nobody makes a newer styled 5.0 badge. thats why i like iwashmycar's idea so much.