Engine noise help

gride1999

Jun 11, 2011
My engine makes a very steady ticking noise from the top. tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick... and gets a faster if excelerate. My dealer said its the fuel injector and nothing to worry about? I'm sooooo new to engine things I wouldnt know if they were just brushing me off or not? Anyone have any idea if that sounds legit?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

My engine makes a very steady ticking noise from the top. tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick... and gets a faster if excelerate. My dealer said its the fuel injector and nothing to worry about? I'm sooooo new to engine things I wouldnt know if they were just brushing me off or not? Anyone have any idea if that sounds legit?

Thanks!

My suggestion would be to take it to a different dealer and see if they tell you the same thing. It might be normal, it might not.

My engine makes a very steady ticking noise from the top. tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick... and gets a faster if excelerate. My dealer said its the fuel injector and nothing to worry about? I'm sooooo new to engine things I wouldnt know if they were just brushing me off or not? Anyone have any idea if that sounds legit?...

Hi gride1999,

I'm sure the local Ford dealer has your best interest at heart. However, for peace of mind, you do have the option to visit another dealer for a second opinion. Make sure to come on back and give us the results of the visits.

Take care and have a great weekend!

Noemi

My suggestion would be to take it to a different dealer and see if they tell you the same thing. It might be normal, it might not.
LOL my thoughts exactly. I did that and they did tell me the same thing. I wasnt sure since they are both Ford dealers if they could just simply see what the other dealer noted and just told me the same thing? It drives fine and there are no issues with performance I just hate that noise.. especially when I hit a drive through and everything echos. tick tick tick tick tick tick tick!!!

Im having the same problem and I have quit a bit of noledge about the Modular engines, but first i have to ask is it a matallic tick or something different? Second has the engine ever been replaced? Third will your car idle correctly or does it go up in RPM when you stop and then go back down?