Engine shakes and RPM bounce up and down

bloodusmc

Jun 3, 2009
My V6 03 Mustang with 70,000 miles. mostly when I am at a full stop. The engine jumps and the RPM bounce up and down from 700 to 500. Also The oil meter in the car is pointed a little toward the H Side same with the battery meter pointing a little toward the H.

Mechanic checked the car. He removed all spark plugs and checked them he said they are fine (because it was just changed) He tested the coil pack and its fine. He tested the Spark plug wire and its fine. He made sure everything is in place as far as the spark plugs. He also cleaned the injectors, Installed new gas filter, cleaned the throttle body with some spray.

After all this its still doing that.

Before this problem started. I did a tuneup, seafoamed the car, and changed the oil (syntactic oil)

anyone have any idea what can this be?

The mechanic told me he doesnt know whats wrong with it. He put the computer and nothing showed up.
Now what?

• Sponsors (?)

A lot of Mustangs have issues with idle speed. It's usually a dirty or defective IAC or MAF or a minor vacuum leak. If there are no codes or drivability issues, I would probably just live with it and see if it gets worse. Some of these cars didn't idle perfectly when they were brand new....