Progress Thread Epik's Official Progress Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Looks really nice. It feels good to get something like that done. What are your next plans, if any?

:nice:

Thanks... Yup, it feels good to finally get this ALMOST done.... I still have to do the cc plates, ball joints, alignment, MC, & booster, then it will be done...

Other than that, the plans are 24lb injectors, MAF, & 255lph pump. Then I will fix the bad 2nd gear synchro & I will be hitting the track after that....

looking schweet!! those brakes are sex :D

Thank u...:nice:

looks awsome so hows the pedal feel with the stock mc

Thanks... It feels like a spongy POS, but it wont be long until I get my 93 Booster & MC installed....

So I decided to jump on the bandwagon & get a progress thread started. Rather than starting a new thread, I just had the mods change the title of my 5 lug swap thread to "EPIK's official progress thread"...

Recently installed MM cc plates & lowered the front a tad more by removing the lower spring isos...

007.jpg

I will also be installing an old school Momo wheel that came out of my buddies fox Saleen. The leather could use a recover, but its much better looking than the stock wheel IMO....

CIMG1270.jpg

These are some of the suspension goodies I aquired a while back thanks to 1991NotchbackLX (thanks Chris). I was gonna wait until I got my tq boxes reinforced to install them, but I think I'm just gonna throw them in anyway...
They are MM Extreme Duty LCA's, & Steeda Heavy Duty UCA's....

CIMG0797.jpg

CIMG0799.jpg

Anyhow, I am currently getting the notch ready for a 400+ mile road trip down to L.A. & I will be driving it down to enter it in the "Fabolous Ford's Forever" car show at Knott's Berry Farm, which is 1 nof the largest all Ford's shows on the west coast...

So I started getting the car ready today...

I purchased a stock replacement balancer from Auto Zone, since mine was toast, & got that installed this evening with the help of my buddy Streakmatt. The car revs up & runs much smoother now...

I also decided to start off with some much needed cleanup of the rear wheelwells...

I didn't get any before pics, but here is what they looked like after being cleaned up with some Purple Power degreaser & a brush... You can see here the clearancing I had to do with a BFH a while back to get the 17X10's to fit...

036.jpg

Then after cleaning them up, I used some Rubberized undercoating to bring back the black OEM look....

053.jpg

IDK how durable this stuff is, & it seems like it takes forever to dry, but it looks good...

046.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

Also on the list for this week & next week are more cleanup including the engine bay, front wheel wells, interior, & a polish, & wax of the exterior...

New parts going in are....

=New stock headlights
=New clutch cable with heat sheild(since the LT's melted mine)
=Speedo gear for 3.73's
=New 180 T-stat to replace the leaking 160 t-stat
=MM XD lower control arms
=Steeda HD upper control arms

I will get pics of the parts when they arrive... Stay tuned, more updates to come soon...

damn i need new stock headlights too, mine are all ****ed up, but the lady says that shes gonna buy me some new ones :)

I got the 50resto 6 piece "budget" kit... I went with the stock style since they look the best IMO...

You gonna have the fox out at Knott's? If so, you should park by matt & I...

Oh, I almost forgot, I am installing an alarm before I go down there too. I would park it at your shop, but then I will have no way to get around while Im out there... Even though I will have the alarm, auto lock, kill switch, & remove the coil, I am still scared to park it outside the hotel LOL....

I got the 50resto 6 piece "budget" kit... I went with the stock style since they look the best IMO...

You gonna have the fox out at Knott's? If so, you should park by matt & I...

Oh, I almost forgot, I am installing an alarm before I go down there too. I would park it at your shop, but then I will have no way to get around while Im out there... Even though I will have the alarm, auto lock, kill switch, & remove the coil, I am still scared to park it outside the hotel LOL....

what hotel are you staying at? if its close to the shop i got no problem givign you a ride to and from, i'll be rushing to get the car done anyhow, but yeah we should all be in section 40 but im not sure my car is worthy to park next to your guy's foxes, as far as the headlights go im gonna go with clears cause my amber corners still look perfect so i'll be able to change them if i want

what hotel are you staying at? if its close to the shop i got no problem givign you a ride to and from, i'll be rushing to get the car done anyhow, but yeah we should all be in section 40 but im not sure my car is worthy to park next to your guy's foxes, as far as the headlights go im gonna go with clears cause my amber corners still look perfect so i'll be able to change them if i want

We are all staying at the Knott's hotel... I'm sure your fox is clean enough, my car isn't immaculate, but Matt's is LOL...

NICE! I love that you have a white fox. I was never really a white fox fan until i got mine. Even then i planned on painting it, but the white kinda just grew on me. I'm looking forward to seeing what the headlights look like. I currently have some projector-esk headlights and some days i hate them, other days i love them so i'm looking for a change possibly.

Also, what made you think your balancer was going bad? some kind of vibration at engine RPM's? I ask cause i have a slight vibration and i suspect its the balancer

as long as you aren't beating the car at the track those arms will be ok. But start launching with slicks and those solid bushings your boxes will start to rip. I just received my wild rides reinforcement kit today. My torque boxes didn't like the solid bushings........

NICE! I love that you have a white fox. I was never really a white fox fan until i got mine. Even then i planned on painting it, but the white kinda just grew on me. I'm looking forward to seeing what the headlights look like. I currently have some projector-esk headlights and some days i hate them, other days i love them so i'm looking for a change possibly.

Also, what made you think your balancer was going bad? some kind of vibration at engine RPM's? I ask cause i have a slight vibration and i suspect its the balancer

Thanks... I was never a fan of white until I got this car either, but I love white stangs now... The headlights should be here next monday & I will have them installed asap with pics of course...

I knew the balancer was bad because I could see it wobble @ idle, plus I had a vibration...

I wish I had gotten a stock balancer. I bought a summit one and its been a pita to get lined up correctly.

I wanted an upgraded 1, but I just didn't have the extra cash right now. This 1 lined up perfectly...

cant wait to see this bad boy at Knotts. :)

Thanks, I will be there parked next to StreakMatt... Cant wait!!!!

as long as you aren't beating the car at the track those arms will be ok. But start launching with slicks and those solid bushings your boxes will start to rip. I just received my wild rides reinforcement kit today. My torque boxes didn't like the solid bushings........

Yeah, I might wait on the LCA's, because I did suspect that it would damage the lower tq boxes, although MM states otherwise unless there is suspension bind...

i though he had battle boxes already?

Nope, all stock currently...

More Progress....

Last week I got the car ready for a 400+ mile cruise & a HUGE car show...

1st up was a full detail with Meguiars products. Yeah, I know its not high end stuff, but I have had great success with it. The process was clay bar, paint cleaner, polish, carnuba wax, & then I followed that up with Meguiars "ultimate" quick wax... I hate to say it, but I have owned the car for 2 years now, & this was the 1st time I detailed it... It needed a claybar BAD!!!

This was how the clay looked after doing the top part of the rear bumper only:eek:
005-1.jpg

Being that I was super busy all week getting ready for my trip, unfortunately I didn't get any finished pics other than some VERY bright outdoor pics, but I will get some nice pics this week....

Next up was a new 6 piece headlight kit froim 50 resto to replace my yellowed originals. This was their 'budget" kit, but the quality was pretty decent IMO...

002-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

Old headlights...
009-2.jpg

New headlights...
010.jpg

New on the passenger side & old on the driver side... You can see my shiny freshly waxed hood too:D
015-1.jpg

Here is the car all cleaned up @ the Fabulous Fords Forever car show @ Knott's Berry Farm in L.A....

129.jpg

I Also installed a new OEM clutch cable from maximum motorsports since the LT's melted my old one. I had to use a heat sheild from MM around the cable to keep the new 1 from melting too... Anybody out there with Mac LT's, how do you keep the clutch cable from melting because it basically touches the headers everytime the cutch is engaged?

Also, I know this is kind of a Noob question, but how & the heck do you adjust Fox headlamps???