Roush Ever Have Your Saleen Called an "American Ricer?"

I have had my Saleen referred to as an "American Ricer" in some way or another.

• Yes--my Saleen has been associated with the import tuning industry.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Nope--never happened.

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

ximportdriver said:
I was "perturbed" when my good friend congratulated me on buying an "American Ricer:"

Wow, that guy must be real Bright!.........NOT!:D Just tell him to :Zip2: He must think that a Shelby Mustang is an Old School American Ricer Also!:lol: Well its good your hanging out here because it sounds like you need to get rid of this friend and hang here with fellow Saleen Fans/Fanatics! LOL:rlaugh:

"Rice" is SO overused... Originally, it was applied to import cars that were all LOOKS, with no "oats" (performance) to back up those looks. It was all about body kits and fart pipes.

However, there are imports that DO have the performance to back up the looks - some still refer to THAT as rice, which isn't correct, IMO.

Saleen is not rice by any definition - it has performance to back the look - both suspension and engine. It's not imported either. It's only "rice" if you take an import car, put a body kit on, and do nothing else...

BTW, I've heard the term "CORN" used for "American Rice".:p :lol:

Never had this happen, but have had many a person ask "is it real?". One dude asked if 281 was the engine size, and acted all disappointed when I said yes.

Now, if you put neons, altezza taillights, etc. on a Saleen, I could see the "rice" comment.

IMO, ricer means someone who has modified a car with no benefit in performance, anything else questionable, or it's just way ugly. Nice aero kits, any engine, brake, or suspension upgrade, etc. is not rice.

I have seen just as many cavaliers that looked ricey as I have hondas.

Don't let your friend get you down...he obviously has no clue.

Acheron315 said:
Never had this happen, but have had many a person ask "is it real?". One dude asked if 281 was the engine size, and acted all disappointed when I said yes.

HAHAHAHHA this has also happened to me.....and the even funnier part is the dudes who get all dissappointed are rollin with like a 61 cubic inch 3 cylinder geo metro.

I dont get ricer, but my friends call it a "tuner" car, which i dont mind. Essentially it is a "tuned" mustang by saleen. Thats not offensive to me as "rice" would be.

I always get the question to what the #451 on my bumper is, is that the eng size, or HP. :rlaugh: Hopefully soon, i can say yes, it is the HP number.:D

spederman said:
I always get the question to what the #451 on my bumper is, is that the eng size, or HP. :rlaugh: Hopefully soon, i can say yes, it is the HP number.:D[/QUOTES

Spederman, I got that HP question the other day too, someone asked me if my front fascia number, 68 was my cars Horse Power rating! I looked at them kinda funny!:eek: Then said No, its an economy sports car and thats how many miles it gets per gallon! He seemed to believe me and was very impressed and said I was save alot of money on gas! Duhhhhhhh!:bang: Now I know that all people aren't car and Saleen buffs like us but.......................
COME ON!:doh:

spederman said:
I always get the question to what the #451 on my bumper is, is that the eng size, or HP. :rlaugh: Hopefully soon, i can say yes, it is the HP number.:D

gonen20 said:
Spederman, I got that HP question the other day too, someone asked me if my front fascia number, 68 was my cars Horse Power rating! I looked at them kinda funny!:eek: Then said No, its an economy sports car and thats how many miles it gets per gallon! He seemed to believe me and was very impressed and said I was save alot of money on gas! Duhhhhhhh!:bang: Now I know that all people aren't car and Saleen buffs like us but.......................
COME ON!:doh:

That means I have either 1 hp or 1mpg on both the speedster and the xp8
Damn it :bang: At least the hatchback get 140mpg, of course I haven't had to put gas in it for well over 4 years :D

front-angle.jpg

My tint is rice :D

Attachments

• front-angle.jpg
    front-angle.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 93

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 94
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg