factory lightweight?

Fatass here! I fit okay in a Mustang, but Camaros are more comfortable.... Mustang has kinda crappy shoulder room, although leg room is plentiful up front. The back seat sucks, though....

The new one looks like they fixed the shoulder room problem.

BTW, you can thank your local automotive magazine writers and their bitching about every little noise for the car's weight. They are all loaded with insulation now days. The '65 was a tin can.

-Michael

• Sponsors (?)

Nazgul said:
:bs:

Fat people can't fit in Stangs. Or if they can, they don't like to, and avoid it as much as possible.

You are hereby ordered to read the new revised StangNet Forum Rules.

When reviewing those new rules please note that the word fat is no longer allowed on StangNet as it is an offensive and derogatory term.

If in the content of you post you must make any reference to overweight people you are required to use the proper StangNet PC terminology "bio-mass challenged."

Thank you for respecting the feelings of all Stangnet Forum particpants whether their weight is 97 lb, or 997 lb. :D

351CJ said:
You are hereby ordered to read the new revised StangNet Forum Rules.

When reviewing those new rules please note that the word fat is no longer allowed on StangNet as it is an offensive and derogatory term.

If in the content of you post you must make any reference to overweight people you are required to use the proper StangNet PC terminology "bio-mass challenged."

Thank you for respecting the feelings of all Stangnet Forum particpants whether they weight 97 lb, or 997 lb. :D

Check out the funny guy! :rlaugh:

The Competition Prep SVO was similar to what the original poster was asking about. It had no A/C, no radio, no power windows, no power locks, and different springs to account for the weight loss. But that's nothing too extreme.

I have been looking at the 05 very hard because in about a year I will have a hard decision to make. I will be buying a Mustang probably a Cobra/SVT Mustang around 06/07 when I will have been graduated for a few years. I have dreamed about the day I would buy a new Stang since I was little. I am worried about all the standard options that the new cars will have. In the Stangnet right up on the car it mentions one touch power windows being standard. When I go to order a Mustang I want to get a no a/c, no radio, no ABS, manual windows, manual locks, manual trans, cloth seats, no wing, and no other options, I would also love to get manual steering and breaks but I know that would be impossible. I fear that so many of those things will be standard and there will be no way to get rid of them. Lets hope not.

-Brent

grendal said:
Fatass here! I fit okay in a Mustang, but Camaros are more comfortable.... Mustang has kinda crappy shoulder room, although leg room is plentiful up front. The back seat sucks, though....

The new one looks like they fixed the shoulder room problem.

BTW, you can thank your local automotive magazine writers and their bitching about every little noise for the car's weight. They are all loaded with insulation now days. The '65 was a tin can.

-Michael

Wow. I stand corrected. On behalf of skinny people everywhere, I apologize.

And the insulation thing is so true. I read a review of the Taurus, and one of the "cons" was engine noise, which is ridiculous, because the engine's so incredibly quiet. Stupid pansy automag writers.

so true. I personally love hearing the growl of my v8...I usually roll with the windows down (cept in the winter morning cause its f-ing cold!). which brings me around to the hydraulic clutch and electronic throttle linkage.....who cares about engine noise entering thru 2 little holes? its a v8, you're supposed to hear it. that and there is a total different feel between mechanical clutch and throttle linkages and hydraulic/electric crap. I hope they made the throttle feel right.