FFW if you were there, please read

vert306

Nov 13, 2001
massachusetts
:notnice: My trailer was with my brothers car (showstopper with the orange 04 GT) it was parked at the farthest point to the rear right of the pits all the way in the back corner. On the return drive home, it sheared a lug off the trailer, on rt 101 not far from the track and upon further inspection by myself and a few others, it has been determined that someone was there removing 4 of the 5 lugnuts. the tire crossed the median and struck a semi, resulting in damage, although quite fortunate, considering someone could've been seriously injured, or worse. If you saw anyone back there with a hubcap off the trailer, or a wrench, i encourage you to come forward and tell me anything you know. not only could've my brothers family and any unlucky person could've been hurt, but this was my trailer, so not only did the person attack me, they attacked my whole family. Just the boldness and stupidity of the person or persons involved could have caused death, and this cannot be tolerated by me or any other track going individuals. thank you. Neil M.

• Sponsors (?)

Damn, I was there. Pitted on the farthest point to the left rear of the pits ( Right next to the 1/4 mile marker). But, I didn't see anything. Glad to hear everyone is ok. That **** shouldn't be tolerated!

100% certain is the reason i am asking for people who may have seen someone acting like they were working on the trailer. how the other studs are untouched as far as threads, but yet the threads are clean, when 15 other studs on the trailer are rusted from outside exposure.......the fact that it sheared a stud completely off, and the whole tire came flying off, 4 lugnuts were not present. i have asked many, many people who have trailers, and have been in the racing scence for years, and every single one of them came up with the same theory. Sabotage......

um... was there anyone there that didnt like u? I dont see why a random person would do that for the hell of it.. i mean..that type of shyt happens at import events. Fellow mustangers would have better respect for one another i would think from my experiences. did u beat someone in a race and did they seem upset at U? did u check the bolts before u were at the track? they could have been loose before this.....

either way what happened sux. glad ya'll are ok!

here is the car that was on the trailer... absolutely unmistakeable car. some ******* tried to put my whole family in jeopardy for some personal gripe which could be settled easily man to man. hopefully some of the respectable Mustang community will be able to give us the info needed to prosecute.

1964DSC00780-med.JPG

wow, that is sooo ****ed-up. i'm happy you guys were ok. i didn't see anything. most people i met there were stand-up guys, one actually hit my tire with his 30ft trailer, and stuck around to let me know..... i guess you just need to keep your ears open on this one, good luck

Just so you know, tires coming off isnt that rare of a thing.... Did you check the lugs before you left? I'm not saying someone might not have done this.. but this has happened to us twice in the past couple years.. the first time was because the lugs werent checked right after getting the trailer from the dealer and one of the wheels came completely off.. the next was from lack of checking them and one of the lugs broke off from the force the wheels see when turning trailers which caused the rest to loosen up while we were driving and then lost a wheel again... Between traveling to NMRA and Funford events I have seen this happen probably 8-10 times... over the last couple years

Man, that sux. I guess I'll have to start checking my lug nuts on the trailer more often especially after I let it sit overnight at the track.

'88 Saleen #207 - 310cid ,Novi 2000, 9.6@146 on 4 year old slicks

stroked86 said:
Just so you know, tires coming off isnt that rare of a thing.... Did you check the lugs before you left? I'm not saying someone might not have done this.. but this has happened to us twice in the past couple years.. the first time was because the lugs werent checked right after getting the trailer from the dealer and one of the wheels came completely off.. the next was from lack of checking them and one of the lugs broke off from the force the wheels see when turning trailers which caused the rest to loosen up while we were driving and then lost a wheel again... Between traveling to NMRA and Funford events I have seen this happen probably 8-10 times... over the last couple years

also there is the possibility that someone who lives near you did this before you even left. days, maybee weeks?? so once again were the lugs checked before the trip? if someone near your home has beef with you maybe you should consider them a suspect. :shrug:
but that does suck, was the car on the trailer at the time the wheel came off!!??