Finally - Pictures

1965-Mustang

Nov 25, 2003
If you hadn't seen my other thread they are:
Billet Specialties Street Star 17x8/4.75 bs.
Tires: Nittos 555
rear: 255/40/17
front: 235/45/17

These pictures are with original suspension. I am replacing the rear shocks, shackles and leaf springs this week with KYB's, poly shackles, and maeir racing low leaf springs. They have the slightest of rub on the rear passenger side and I am hoping with the combination of new suspension and a hammer they will cease rubbing. The inner wheelhouse seems to be very warped/stressed from time so it contacts on an irregular protrusion.

smstang3.jpg

smstang2.jpg

smstang.jpg

Attachments

• smstang3.jpg
    smstang3.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 42
  • smstang2.jpg
    smstang2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 46
  • smstang.jpg
    smstang.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 41
  • Sponsors (?)

Well, a big enough hammer will cure the rubbing issue :rolleyes: , if you bang the fender openings out enough. Even with 4.75" bs, I don't think that 255s will fit inside the stock wheel wells once you lower the rearend. I hope you make it, though.

SoCalCruising said:
Well, a big enough hammer will cure the rubbing issue , if you bang the fender openings out enough.

I'm not going to hit the fender/lip with a hammer...I mean on the inside wheel house (trunk side), where it is already warped...

dodgestang said:
255s fit just fine under the fenders on a lowered car, been running them for over 4 years now. Just need a rolled lip.

Yeah, thanks for your chart and info, it is your car that made me choose 255's over 245's or 235's.

dodgestang said:
BTW - the new wheels look good. I see disc brakes in your future.

Yes, yes you do. As soon as my bank account allows...im in college.