Finally tuned 262hp rwhp

rrudholm

Apr 23, 2006
OK I used this PCM that no one has heard of called a bullseye power tuner: http://www.bullseyepower.com/pcu.php

Mods include:

310ci Shotblock
Eddlebrock 60329 Heads
E-303 cam
BBK 70mm TB
C&L 73mm MAF
Trickflow Street Intake
Accel 24lb Injectors
155lph Fuel Pump
3:55 gears
BBK Headers/Pypes X and Flow Masters

The Idle seems to fluctuate some but at least it is not stalling like it was before tunning. I'm thinking the E-cam and the C&L MAF were probably not the best choices for getting the perfect Idle. The dyno came out at 262 rwhp which I believe is around 325 hp at the crank. Torque was 327. Should I be happy with these results? The car pulls good and feels very smooth. At the bottom end it surges very stong braking the rear end loose in first and second gear. Love the sound of the "X" at WOT.

• Sponsors (?)

Actually if that's AOD your just about right for your parts. Self tuned on the rollers I put down 276/305 and tuned on 94 allowing for more agressive timing and 12.8 all the way accross (also replaced my new and very tight clutch fan with a Taurus an) she laid down 316/345. Should mention the heads have been worked a little on the exhaust side and the car is a T-5.

It is a five speed. The guy who tuned it welded a bung on the mid-pipe and used a wide band. Timing was left at stock setting. I'm not sure what would need to be done to get it where it should be but I need to educate myself first. I think there is more potential here.

rrudholm said:
It is a five speed. The guy who tuned it welded a bung on the mid-pipe and used a wide band. Timing was left at stock setting. I'm not sure what would need to be done to get it where it should be but I need to educate myself first. I think there is more potential here.

I don't know anything about that method of tuning but .........

I wonder about a couple of things you said .......

You talk about timing was left at stock setting. If you are talking about the dizzy setting ..........

That doesn't necessarily mean the guy did not optimize your spark curve as he could have done so inside the pcm.

I can say for certian if neither was changed ... then power was left on the table.

It is an assumption but ... I'd bet he dealt with spark cause after all
he went to the trouble with the wb and such.

Do you have any specific details about what all he did?

How many pulls did he make?

Grady

I have the software that he used but I need some kind of security code to make it work. I can then use my labtop to monitor and see where things are set. He tuned it but I'm thinking that improvements can be made. I don't have clue how to tune but it loooks like I will have to learn. This Bullseye power tuner is a tunable piggyback PCM which allows the user to datalog and make changes.