First start up using megasquirt.. 1992 5.0.

• Sponsors (?)

use this tune cause it has my timing almost dead on... but its gettin better also im guessing that the trickflow stage one cam pulls low vac i guess it has a lobe sep of 110 i think if i remember correctly

Attachments

• 2019-04-30_15.57.24.msl-start 3.msl
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • 2019-04-30_16.04.48.msq-blucifer 30 april.msq
    121.1 KB · Views: 67
Ok looks good, now using that tune drive the car using Auto tune and let it do its thing for a little while on normal.

one question tho... about timing.. when i did first fired it up.. of course i had to adjust the dizzy.. so i had it on use table and got it to 17 degrees by the dizzy then after i did the usually megasquirt way and got it to 20.. so with me twisting the dizzy and matching the table would that still be what megasquirts commanding?

You are supposed to lock the timing 'fixed timing' then pull the spout and set it to 10* then using the trigger wizard match the timing to the number in the black box.
you should never attempt to set the timing on use table.

k heres a easier question with megasquirt how do i set mechanical timing to 10 degrees? since i pull the spout and the car shuts off... cant really do that.. and since i installed a new cam of course i had to remove the dizzy. and to get it to start i had to turn the dizzy.. how do i set mechanical timing of the motor to 10?> i cant find that anywhere on the net

Car wont tun with spout out... that's what alot of guys say about the ms2pnp.

Do this, set balancer to 25* pull cap. You want to try and center the rotor as best you can on the cap post its pointing too by turning the distributor. Then use the trigger wizard to set timing offset.

ok so set pointer inbetween 24-26 and then line the rotor up with what post... whatever post its near?? cant i just remove spout and spin the motor with the all the plugs unplugged and strobe it to 10? theres gotta be a easier way then spinning the balancer to 25 cause now im really confused how would setting the balancer to 25 be 10 base mechanical?

No, you just have to follow the steps laid out in the manual, you know the big book that explains how to do this simple stuff.
You can set the timing by just setting it to fixed and matching the trigger wizard with the balancer. Easy peasy.

The way I described by setting the center of rotor is the same way we set timing on our flying trigger setup on the 1000hp racecar.

and yes i know how to set timing using megasquirt.. its the engines basetiming i was talking about, usually if you want 10 degrees mechanical timing you spin the motor till 10 pops on the balancer and then stab ur dizzy then.. this megasquirt it seems like you cant actually set your engines base mechanical timing with it.. so you gotta do it manually