First time at track tonight

xplo89gt said:
Hey guys I have also never went to the track but I want to go this summer. I also am a bit nervous about going and messing up. I guess this is normal. I'm also afraid of running a real high time, but oh well. My question are what do I need to go to the track? Do I need a helmet? My mods could get me a low ET, but I'm not sure with me driving the first time.

:jaw: My God, with mods like that you sriously can't do but so poorly. Here's a tip for your first time: don't try your absolute best the first time around. Go just a little easy down the stretch to know what your car is capable of. Then, as you get more and more accustomed and comfortable with it, step it up a notch until you get to the point of when you're pushing it to the limits. I find it helps me mostly in terms of what I can expect that night and it helps to build some confidence. Soon enough, you'll practically feel like you KNOW exactly what you're doing and then it'll be no big deal and come to the point when you can't wait to go again :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

This is what I would suggest for the first time. While your car is waiting in the staging lanes and cooling down go to the stands and watch people run. Pay attention to the track workers, and watch what they do to signal the drivers to pull up and do there burnouts and then stage. Also it depends on the track or the State if you need a helmet. At Atco I had to rent a helmet, even though my times aren't that fast. I was told by the guy renting the helmets that it was a New Jersey law, not sure if that is true or not. But the rental was $3s.

Mario

i believe nhra rules say that you need a helmet if you run 100 mph or 13.99 and quicker. whichever comes first. convertables are different, i believe you need a helmet all the time. of course, it's at the discretion of your track tech.