First time at track

Rekokulous

Mar 30, 2005
Last night I drove the 200 miles to go run my car at speedworld near Phoenix, AZ. Directly after the drive I ran about 8 hot laps because I got there late and only had about an hour to race. Luckily there were not very many people there. It was about 95 degrees with 15% relitive humidity and 29in barometric pressure. The track is somewhere near 1400 ft elevation. Ran a best of 13.9. The 14.0 timeslip I missed 4th, I think it could have been a 13.8.

Like I said it was my first time and I need to practice and go again when I've got more time to let the engine cool down and take my time.

Oh, I was using some 275 nitto DR's on 17x8 rims.

Attachments

• time slip 2.jpg
    time slip 2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 70
  • time slip 1.jpg
    time slip 1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Sponsors (?)

Yea, good times. Good 60s too. My first (and only) time on DRs (2nd trip ever in the car) resulted in a best 60 out of 3 runs was a 2.03. Ran a 13.7 W/ a 2.10 60ft. Only run i didnt miss 2nd LOL. Anyways congrats.

thats what I thought too. I wasn't happy with my 60ft times or the track prep at speedworld. I either spun or bogged almost everytime off the line. The 13.9 pass wasn't a bad launch but it definatly wasn't the best I could do. I felt I hooked up better on the street than the track. I think I could get a 1.8 or so with a little more practice.

Rekokulous said:
Last night I drove the 200 miles to go run my car at speedworld near Phoenix, AZ. Directly after the drive I ran about 8 hot laps because I got there late and only had about an hour to race. Luckily there were not very many people there. It was about 95 degrees with 15% relitive humidity and 29in barometric pressure. The track is somewhere near 1400 ft elevation. Ran a best of 13.9. The 14.0 timeslip I missed 4th, I think it could have been a 13.8.

Like I said it was my first time and I need to practice and go again when I've got more time to let the engine cool down and take my time.

Oh, I was using some 275 nitto DR's on 17x8 rims.

Congrats ! And, good driving !!