flowmaster original 40's or super 44's ???

rispoli_23

Jul 7, 2008
hey guys think im changing up my exhaust again right now i have a o/r h pipe with high flow cats and 10 series flowmasters its just a lil to raspy for me i went with the 10's bechause when i added the cats my 44's were just a lil to quiet, here is my goal i want to get as close to the sound of all my old fox bodies with an o/r h pipe with flows dumped , all suggestions welcome thank you in advance

• Sponsors (?)

I've got a MAC Prochamber with cats & Original 40 Series Flows. They sound great! Not too loud, not too quiet. I've got drone between 1800 - 2200 rpm (I like it). In the higher rpm it really screams. I can easily downshift and keep the rpm below 1800 rpm if I'm trying to keep quiet (neighbourhood late at night, cops, etc). I've never heard 44 series, but I can recommend the Original 40s.

thanks for all the help guys, im thinking mac pro-chamber and 40's ... i was going to go with x pipe but it seems raspy, also what do you guys think about the mac cat back or mac pro-dumps

Mac cat back and pro dumps are the same mufflers just ones a catback with tips and one is dumped, that being said mac's are awesome great sound way better then flowmaster ( yes i have flowmasters) But if i were to order new i would get mac flowpaths with an O/R H thats the sound your looking for.

And offroad x with flowmaster 40 series isnt really raspy at all, i have them on my car they are pretty deep sounding.

Im atually considering swapping my MAC's for Flows. ver ince installing the LT's and prochamber, my exhaust has really mellowed out and the 1800-2300 drone ot worse IMO.

My car sounded awesome with a regular O/R H and the MAC's