Flywheel, Starter Problem

bmgs01gt

Apr 22, 2003
Topeka Kansas
Hey guys, my buddy is having a problem with a conversion he is playing with for his Jeep. He has a 94 5.0 block with a 65 bellhousing. He has the 13 1/4" OD flywheel with the 10.5" clutch. The problem he is having is that the starter does not meet up with the flywheel. The flywheel needs to be about 14" OD. i need to know if there is a flywheel out there that will work with this application, or if its even possible to work the early model bellhousing with the late model block. We havent been able to find anything that works, so i turn you guys. Hopefully somebody has more knowledge about our problem and hopefully has a simple solution.

• Sponsors (?)

Um he cant be using a 65 bellhousing it is a 5 bolt bellhousing 94 block uses a 6 bolt bellhousing he'd need a flywheel with a 50oz inbalance for the 94 block and it will be a 157 tooth flywheel he can use a stock one from an autopart store if he's using an automatic he needs a flexplate with 164 tooth with a 50 oz. inbalance

Right now he has the 50oz., 157 tooth flywheel and it is not big enough in outside diameter for the starter to contact the flywheel. Do you guys happen to know what year the 164 tooth flywheels came equipped on the 5.0's?? Seems like all the part stores have are the 157 tooth.